Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Does this reasoning apply to Krystkowiak? From Jon Wilner yesterday: "USC is hemorrhaging cash on game day. Question isn't whether Trojans can afford to fire Clay Helton. It's whether they can afford to keep him."
It probably does, but to a much lesser extent. The U is doing a lot of stuff this year to get people to basketball games, but I don't know if it is helping very much.
We have 2 season tickets, although we will not be able to use any of the PAC 12 tickets other than Oregon and Oregon St. and possibly Colorado. (Anyone interested in purchasing the tickets, Sec. C, Row 29, Seats 5/6 - let me know. I will sell each game for $25). We went to the Mississippi Valley State game and there were very few people there. However, for the Minnesota game, the lower bowl was packed. They had the upper bowl curtained off and there were students who were standing because there were not enough seats. We did not go down from Park City to the UCD game because of the snow, but from TV attendance did not look good. I imagine a good crowd for BYU although the 6:00 pm start will not help. I suspect the last home Non-con game against Arkansas State will be bad. We will miss because we are headed to PAC 12 Champ. game. (anyone wants those tickets, let me know).

I think there are a number of things impacting buying and attending games: 1) pricing for many people is too high; 2) the unpredictability of game days and start times; 3) poor competition; 4) the ease of buying the games you want on the secondary market. (this will impact Utah football beginning next year as you could walk up and buy tickets from scalpers for $10-$20 for every home game this year).

I don't think firing LK will change any of those things. I think for the most part the basketball season tickets holders have already been winnowed down to the diehards and until the factors I have listed and probably others I haven't thought of are addressed, nothing will change.