Thread: UB5 Authors' Thread

UB5 Authors' Thread

I want to remind everyone that Pat has a stellar non-fiction history of Utah football. My parents bought it for me a few years back and I've loved it and written about it on these boards in the past.

Also, I'd love to meet as many of you as possible at the event for my novel LOGOS. (It's a novel, i.e., fiction.) Read some of the reviews of it on Amazon, but a great place to get it with my John Henry would be this Saturday at 2 at my old childhood haunt Wellers!

https://www.facebook.com/events/802156359863373/
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 04-14-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I want to remind everyone that Pat has a stellar non-fiction history of Utah football history. My parents bought it for me a few years back and I've loved it and written about it on these boards in the past.

Also, I'd love to meet as many of you as possible at the event for my novel LOGOS. (It's a novel, i.e., fiction.) Read some of the reviews of it on Amazon, but a great place to get it with my John Henry would be this Saturday at 2 at my old childhood haunt Wellers!

Good to see we're adding to those who have a title in the Library of Congress. Although I'm unable to attend your event, I'm sure it and your book will be received with enthusiasm.

(BTW, you're wanting to offer your John Hancock, not John Henry.)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Good to see we're adding to those who have a title in the Library of Congress. Although I'm unable to attend your event, I'm sure it and your book will be received with enthusiasm.

(BTW, you're wanting to offer your John Hancock, not John Henry.)
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/John_Henry
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Was not aware of that. To me, John Henry is a venerable old thoroughbred from the early 80s.

I want to remind everyone that Pat has a stellar non-fiction history of Utah football. My parents bought it for me a few years back and I've loved it and written about it on these boards in the past.

Dude, the legend SeattleUte has written a novel? This is fantastic news. This news is the most fantastic I've received since I got confirmation that Luka Drca went back to Europe.

I'm occupied on Saturday encouraging a group of totally awesome, awkward teenagers to perform the Music Man with all the heart and soul they can muster, but if I can break away you bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna make my way to the Wellers, buy one of these things, and have the author sign his name in hot wax across my hairy chest.

SU, I'm just finishing up The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, so I could use something righteous and hopeful. Based on the description, LOGOS is that thing, verdad?

For reals, this is cool as heck. You've gone from long-winded lawyer to bloviating Internet troll to legitimate author. Absolutely fantastic, dude. Congrats.

And Pat's book is a winner. The UB5 ratio of authors to regular posters has got to lead all Internet message boards devoted to University of Utah sports. Easily top 5, anyway.

Agatha Christie is my pen name.

My autobiography won't come out for a while because so much of the underlying material is still being, well, created. But it'll be a masterpiece when it does come out.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Senioritis View Post
    Dude, the legend SeattleUte has written a novel? This is fantastic news. This news is the most fantastic I've received since I got confirmation that Luka Drca went back to Europe.

I'm occupied on Saturday encouraging a group of totally awesome, awkward teenagers to perform the Music Man with all the heart and soul they can muster, but if I can break away you bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna make my way to the Wellers, buy one of these things, and have the author sign his name in hot wax across my hairy chest.

SU, I'm just finishing up The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, so I could use something righteous and hopeful. Based on the description, LOGOS is that thing, verdad?

For reals, this is cool as heck. You've gone from long-winded lawyer to bloviating Internet troll to legitimate author. Absolutely fantastic, dude. Congrats.
    Like!

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Senioritis View Post
    And Pat's book is a winner. The UB5 ratio of authors to regular posters has got to lead all Internet message boards devoted to University of Utah sports. Easily top 5, anyway.
    Like!

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Congratulations, sir. Many of us toy with the idea of writing a book but only a few, like you, actually do it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Terrific! I need to read it. I've put it on my Christmas wants list.

Congrats SU, quite the honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations SU. That is really terrific. I read logos a year ago last spring when it came out, and met SU at an author's reading at Sam Weller's. I really enjoyed the book, more than I thought I would. It has a fascinating take on perhaps the most important period in Biblical history, NSU recommended some other historical books about that periodthat I enjoyed. It was also a lot of fun to read as a novel.

Thanks, guys.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Our very own Dan Brown!

Congrats SU, well done!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Congratulations -- I just got it on my Kindle

"It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so"
    - Will Rogers

"Cyberspace is - or can be - a good, friendly and egalitarian place to meet. "

- Douglas Adams

Congratulations. That is quite an honor.