Thread: A Believer Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    In most states certain deaths are coroner's cases and no one has any say in whether or not there will be an autopsy -- there's just going to be one. But I don't know the relevant law in Utah or the facts surrounding her death.
    She died in Idaho

But the sheriff has said there was nothing suspicious at the time so no autopsy was done, but then it became suspicious so they exhumed her body in Utah.

In Utah any unattended death law enforcement responds and investigates. But we also call the medical examiner who 9 times out of 10 takes custody of the body.

The only time an autopsy isn’t done is if there is zero indication of foul play and the individual has been seen by a doctor in the last 30 days and the doctor is contacted and is comfortable signing the death certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    She died in Idaho

But the sheriff has said there was nothing suspicious at the time so no autopsy was done, but then it became suspicious so they exhumed her body in Utah.

In Utah any unattended death law enforcement responds and investigates. But we also call the medical examiner who 9 times out of 10 takes custody of the body.

The only time an autopsy isn’t done is if there is zero indication of foul play and the individual has been seen by a doctor in the last 30 days and the doctor is contacted and is comfortable signing the death certificate.
    my mom died at a young age in her sleep in Utah, and they required an autopsy. My dad had no say it in it, but wanted to know why she passed, so it wasn't an issue. I just assumed that if there were mysterious reasons behind your death that it was mandatory? I think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    my mom died at a young age in her sleep in Utah, and they required an autopsy. My dad had no say it in it, but wanted to know why she passed, so it wasn't an issue. I just assumed that if there were mysterious reasons behind your death that it was mandatory? I think it should be.
    It’s all up to to the medical examiner. They have an investigator respond to the scene and make that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this story was a 2 hour episode of Dateline with Keith Morrison last night. Thay mentioned it might be the most bizarre story of the last 25 years of Dateline.