Thread: A Believer Thread

Hybrid View

I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't put this behind the lds.org login... it may solicit some interesting responses being open to the public.

Or........just sing the ones you want and answer email/text during the others. Hey, as a former jock, I can't be bothered with choosing hymns.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

I assume some of the LDS deep cuts are on the cutting block. I'm in favor of nixing "If you could hie to Kolob".

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I assume some of the LDS deep cuts are on the cutting block. I'm in favor of nixing "If you could hie to Kolob".
    That's an "all or nothing" hymn. If you don't sing all verses, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That's an "all or nothing" hymn. If you don't sing all verses, it doesn't make any sense at all.
    My vote is nothing. Least favorite hymn of all time - mostly for the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    My vote is nothing. Least favorite hymn of all time - mostly for the music.
    For the music? That makes no sense. The lyrics are baffling, but the music is fine. It's a borrowed tune that many Christian hymns share.

For the music? That makes no sense. The lyrics are baffling, but the music is fine. It's a borrowed tune that many Christian hymns share.

isn't Kolob sort of fringe doctrine at best? it seems like the last 25 years or so, they are trying to stay away from these.

It is a trudging along tune compounded by the lyrics. There are no words that you could put to that music to make it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk