Thread: 2015 NFL Season

2015 NFL Season

Season will start without one of the faces of the league, Tom Brady. Roger Goodell upholds his suspension.

Here's the full decision: https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...ady-appeal.pdf

With training camps getting under way, it's a good time to start talking NFL. This will be fascinating to watch unfold.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Jake Murphy just added to the Denver Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Season will start without one of the faces of the league, Tom Brady. Roger Goodell upholds his suspension.

Here's the full decision: https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...ady-appeal.pdf

With training camps getting under way, it's a good time to start talking NFL. This will be fascinating to watch unfold.
    Brady suspension overturned, and rightly so. This thing was a sham from the get-go.

I hate Roger Goodell and his brand of "discipline".

Good. The whole thing was a sham based on an entirely faulty premise and with no repeatable, verifiable data.

Go Pats!

somebody tweeted out, "Hey Roger, whose balls are deflated now?"

I thought this belonged here...

Tim Tebow's new endorsement contract...

tebow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    What a lovely day!
    BTW is good to have you back as well. I wondered what happened to you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I don't see how its not the Broncos and Panthers in the SB. Tom Brady struggles at Denver, and Denver has another outstanding D. Panthers are too dominant in all areas of the game. Both home teams win.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I hope you are right. I think folks here are feeling pretty nervous about the Broncos.
    Most of the media here in DC don't see anyway the Broncos win. Funny right? I for one want to see Manning go out on top.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all have your superbowl spread planned out?

My brother turned me on to this baked wing recipe. I was skeptical, but it actually worked really well.

http://hostthetoast.com/baked-chicke...-garlic-sauce/

We're going all orange: buffalo wings, cheddar nachos, orange jello, orange crush cake.
    No menu. It's a work night.

What's wrong with this country when we still need police protection in the middle of the superbowl?

Now I feel bad though. I will think of you with the first wing.
    Eh I don't really mind. Although domestics do increase that day

I've now lived in two title cities. Felt like a Utah win. No offense. Score on defense, run the ball, and hold on.
    I had the same thought. The Broncos win it all Whittingham style!
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I had the same thought. The Broncos win it all Whittingham style!
    Hahah... my wife and I both said the same thing to each other: It was like watching Utah play - hoping the offense can muster just enough to help the D.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Hahah... my wife and I both said the same thing to each other: It was like watching Utah play - hoping the offense can muster just enough to help the D.
    The difference is the Broncos have one of the all-time greatest QBs running the show on Offense. It took all of his abilities and all of his Offensive weapons to move the ball at all vs the Carolina StarLotuleleis.

Eli when he realizes he has to go win another Super Bowl...

https://gfycat.com/SpicyUnlawfulJenny

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Except that the Broncos ranked pretty well in the NFL in offensive categories:

Total yards 3rd

Passing (and receiving) 5th

Rushing 2nd

Downs 3rd

They led the league in defense and that showed yesterday. But they were solid offensively too. Like Utah they're better at rushing offense. Moral of the story: great defense + top 5 offense wins championships! Great defense + poor offense can get you a pretty good season.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell