Thread: This has probably been brought up, but how about adding a chat room.

This has probably been brought up, but how about adding a chat room.

That would be huge for some of us posters.

Quote Originally Posted by 480ute View Post
    That would be huge for some of us posters.
    I agree. A chat room would be great. Nice way to chat about games going on and get to know other members of the board.

There is a chat capability here but I don't think it has been enabled. Stay tuned.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    There is a chat capability here but I don't think it has been enabled. Stay tuned.
    Well get on it already LA. Time's a wastin'.

I totally agree on the chat suggestion.

Also, is there a quick way to see which posts you've seen and which you haven't in a thread? The feature probably exists, but I'm just not savy with it yet...

also, does there exist a way to get a notification on the top bar or something when someone responds to your message?

All of the other boards I go to that are based on this platform have chat but I'm guessing it's an additional amount of work for JIC. I'm sure it will be here in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvan View Post
    All of the other boards I go to that are based on this platform have chat but I'm guessing it's an additional amount of work for JIC. I'm sure it will be here in time.
    This. There are several things that are possible, and will eventually happen. They just take time which is a far more valuable commodity than money.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Ute View Post
    I totally agree on the chat suggestion.

Also, is there a quick way to see which posts you've seen and which you haven't in a thread? The feature probably exists, but I'm just not savy with it yet...

also, does there exist a way to get a notification on the top bar or something when someone responds to your message?
    Cick on the Thread Tools at the top of the page, and click Subscribe, then choose your email notification preference (instant, daily, weekly)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Cick on the Thread Tools at the top of the page, and click Subscribe, then choose your email notification preference (instant, daily, weekly)
    The subscription/notification option is a very nice feature of this software.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Other vbulletin forums I've been on have a "view first unread" feature on every thread. Is that available here?

Yes, it is also at the top. Unfortunately it is in black text, on a black field. Jarid, can you tweak that?

Quote Originally Posted by redpatty View Post
    Other vbulletin forums I've been on have a "view first unread" feature on every thread. Is that available here?
    Yes but it is hidden by one of the color quirks that I need to fix. It is dark grey text right next to the thread tools at the top of the thread.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Yes but it is hidden by one of the color quirks that I need to fix. It is dark grey text right next to the thread tools at the top of the thread.
    If you drop that CSS that I sent you into additional.css it will fix that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    If you drop that CSS that I sent you into additional.css it will fix that for you.

:ashamed: I haven't forgotten about it. Hopefully tonight. The world is releasing it's death clench on my free time.
    André Gide

:ashamed: I haven't forgotten about it. Hopefully tonight. The world is releasing it's death clench on my free time.
    Sorry man, no pressure . I know the feeling.

Thanks so much for doing all of this. It's been amazing.

Thank you so much. I see it now.

Don't do it JIC. As soon as you give them a chat room, they'll be asking for even creepier shit. Nothing good happens in chat rooms.