Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Happy Thread

It could've been worse: they could've found a "cat".

characterArt-pepe-LT.png

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It could've been worse: they could've found a "cat".

characterArt-pepe-LT.png
    Close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    LOL. Are we sure this is not a joke? Sure is a cute little pup....
    Yep. The comment section has been fantastic. And I got reported for being “unneighborly” for asking if there was a large anvil in the vicinity. Her explanation was that she’s from Oceanside and had never seen a coyote before in her life.

The Happy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Yep. The comment section has been fantastic. And I got reported for being “unneighborly” for asking if there was a large anvil in the vicinity. Her explanation was that she’s from Oceanside and had never seen a coyote before in her life.

Neighborhood groups are interesting

Ring Video has neighborhood groups where you can share video

We moved in to our new house Saturday and I installed our door bell, and checked out the neighborhood group.

The first video is one asking for help to identify two individuals checking around the posters house with flashlights.

There are multiple people telling the poster to call the police

One problem.....the video very clearly shows two Unified Police Officers, in full uniform, checking the yard with flashlights🤦🏻

Last edited by Diehard Ute; 03-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Neighborhood groups are interesting

Ring Video has neighborhood groups where you can share video

We moved in to our new house Saturday and I installed our door bell, and checked out the neighborhood group.

The first video is one asking for help to identify two individuals checking around the posters house with flashlights.

There are multiple people telling the poster to call the police

One problem.....the video very clearly shows two Unified Police Officers, in full uniform, checking the yard with flashlights臘*♂️

I'm starting to really hate the Ring Neighborhood community. The anonymity of it causes everyone to post footage of everyone with dark complexion steps onto their porch. Which also opens the door to those with strong biases to comment openly on said darkly complected individuals. Even when the complexion of a person can't even be identified in the video. It's been dishearteningly eye opening.

There are tons of coyotes in that area. We would see and hear them fairly regularly in San Clemente, which is just up the coast from Oceanside.

I'm starting to really hate the Ring Neighborhood community. The anonymity of it causes everyone to post footage of everyone with dark complexion steps onto their porch. Which also opens the door to those with strong biases to comment openly on said darkly complected individuals. Even when the complexion of a person can't even be identified in the video. It's been dishearteningly eye opening.
    Yeah, I’ve noticed that too

Of course I see that at work all the time. Many people have lead very sheltered lives it seems

It doesn't get much better than this.

Is the holiday season officially begins, this is a great video to watch. I loved it.

https://www.charlottestories.com/loc...million-views/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Is the holiday season officially begins, this is a great video to watch. I loved it.

https://www.charlottestories.com/loc...million-views/
    Love it!
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

When the woman in charge of the ward Nativity has a child not show up she calls on her husband. One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time (and no that is not me).

That's awesome.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Funny comedy bit about the gender of computers:

https://youtu.be/ziUanFE2b1w

--Yeats

Funny comedy bit about the gender of computers:

https://youtu.be/ziUanFE2b1w

Formerly missing three-year-old boy says a bear kept him company while he was missing. I hope it is true:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/28/us/...www.cnn.com%2F

This is a nice one to watch on Super Bowl Sunday.

https://youtu.be/msllMWcmC08

--Yeats