Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NCAA Football

2015 NCAA Football

Did I miss someone else starting this thread?

Two things:

1) Illinois fires Beckman. How can I get Matt Wells this job? I'd love to see him leave Logan.

2) I liked this article on 6 teams poised to make a leap this year (Cal is on the list):

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/20...southern-miss/

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Did I miss someone else starting this thread?

Two things:

1) Illinois fires Beckman. How can I get Matt Wells this job? I'd love to see him leave Logan.

2) I liked this article on 6 teams poised to make a leap this year (Cal is on the list):

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/20...southern-miss/
    That news on Beckman is stunning. Not only that, Illinois is essentially firing him for cause, as he won't collect on the final two years of his salary, worth $3.1 million.

Week 1. Some great games:

Thursday:

TCU @ Minnesota. Time to see if the frogs really are title contenders
    Duke @ Tulane. I bet I'm the only member of the board who has had season tickets to both these teams.

Friday:

UW @ Boise Coach Pete vs his old team

Saturday:

Louisville @ Auburn ACC with a big chance vs SEC heavyweight
    UVa @ UCLA See how the freshman QB does in game 1
    ASU @ A&M Rare Pac-12/SEC matchup
    Texas @ ND Won't usually see two names this big play in week 1
    Wisconsin vs Bama Best of luck to Coach Riley

Monday:

OSU @ VaTech Can Hokies pull off the upset again? Nope.
    Coach Riley? I thought he was at Nebraska?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Week 1. Some great games:

Thursday:

TCU @ Minnesota. Time to see if the frogs really are title contenders
    Duke @ Tulane. I bet I'm the only member of the board who has had season tickets to both these teams.

Friday:

UW @ Boise Coach Pete vs his old team

Saturday:

Louisville @ Auburn ACC with a big chance vs SEC heavyweight
    UVa @ UCLA See how the freshman QB does in game 1
    ASU @ A&M Rare Pac-12/SEC matchup
    Texas @ ND Won't usually see two names this big play in week 1
    Wisconsin vs Bama Best of luck to Coach Riley

Monday:

OSU @ VaTech Can Hokies pull off the upset again? Nope.
    Oh sancho, really. I thought you were above such things. We all know YOU ALL will be watching ABC on Saturday at 3:30 pm (1:30 utah time)

The Sancho bowl is in the 4th quarter. Duke 16 wavers de Verde 0

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Colorado loses in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Colorado loses in Hawaii

lol. As soon as I picked them in the PAC-12 pool it was inevitable.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Worth keeping an eye on Weber St at Oregon St. A lot of familiar faces on both sidelines. I'm guessing Andersen and Sitake will make that defense much better right away.

Great to get a win in a highly pressurized first game, and still have a lot of things to work on.

USU will be highly motivated, this game has the potential to be a trap game. This is where the player leaders need to make sure that doesn't happen.

UCF loses to FIU last night. Ouch.

Vandy loses to W. Kentucky. Currently #1 on the bad P5 power poll.

Big12 wins the P5 survivor poll as the last of the big conferences to remain unbeaten.
    Vandy aren't good, but CU's loss is worse. And there are some AAC teams that are brutal.

Stanford looking underwhelming at Northwestern.

Seems like they always start very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Stanford looking underwhelming at Northwestern.

Seems like they always start very slow.
    Hopefully they can play slow for one more quarter.

Yeesh. P12 finding the road OOC very unfriendly.

Penn State loses at Temple? lol.

Washington St loses to Portland st

Good win for Norm Chow. (FOrmer USC QB) Max Wittek may have a breakout year at Hawaii this year. But Colorado got jobbed at the end of the game.

(from memory) It was 1st and Goal from about the 9 with 16 sec left and no TOs. They passed for a completion to about the 3 with 12 sec left. CU lined up to run a play or spike it. The ref ran the ball toward the left hashmark and tossed it at the Back Judge(the wrong ref) just as he turned away. The ball bounced off him and landed several yards behind the LOS with 2 sec left. He moved to pick it up and replace it, and then the clock ran out. They should have called an Official's Time Out, put 2 sec back on the clock due to the mess up with the refs and allow Colorado to get the play off, but they wouldn't even consider it.

Colorado needed a TD and a 2 pt conversion to tie the game, and the likelihood of getting those was low, but they still got screwed by the refs on that exchange.

I thought the PAC refs were the worst out there, but these MWC refs just plain messed up on this one.

I am looking forward to the OSU/VT game on Monday. I expect Urban Meyer will make a statement in this game and plunge in the dagger all the way to the hilt. The loss to VT last year was a big asterisk on the season.

Pope Urban will go balls deep in this game.

Ohio State looking pretty mortal here in the 2nd quarter. That 2nd Virginia Tech TD was a great play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

They're less mortal in the second half. I notice that Urban, up 35-17, has his team for 75 yards in 5 plays for another TD. The guy is merciless.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    They're less mortal in the second half. I notice that Urban, up 35-17, has his team for 75 yards in 5 plays for another TD. The guy is merciless.
    4 runs and 1 pass. Just saying. . .
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This Ohio State team is loaded. Senious talent all over the field. They will have one challenge on their schedule against Michigan State. Going to just say they are a shoo-in for the playoffs.
    Last edited by Hot Lunch; 09-08-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    4 runs and 1 pass. Just saying. . .
    Hey, if the running game is that productive you'd only pass in true "passing situations."

--Yeats

SEC really kicking some ass today.

Ole Miss put 73 on Fresno State today.

The Irish must have rubbed their lucky shillelaghs today.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Ole Miss put 73 on Fresno State today.
    Please, keep that score away from the Ute players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Yeats

Hee hee. ASU only leads cal poly by seven at the half. Go cal polys, whatever you're called.
    Tied in the 4th quarter

Ute fans and Wazzu fans have an unrecognized kinship.

It is so bizarre that they were a Rose Bowl team 15 yrs ago, and were a Top 10 team as recently as mid-2002.

Then the bottom dropped out (and the rise of BSU supplanted them). I wonder how different their success would have been had the coach before Wulff brought in (lifelong WSU fan and local) Kellen Moore, rather than telling him to pound sand because he was too short to be a D-1 QB...