Thread: Misc. Food Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I waited tables for years (after busing and hosting, think I started busing when I was 15), so I am a pretty good tipper (usually a bit over 20%, would only go under that if the service is pretty bad). One small correction - when the servers are super busy, the service slips a little, and their tips suffer, they are not making less money because the "being busy" means that they have more tables, so in my experience even if the average tip amount drops a little bit you still make more due to volume.
    You are right, I guess I'm talking about effort vs tip amounts.

the only thing that could make these more seductive is if they were tucked under Kate Beckingsale's lingerie draw string.

Damn you Nabisco! So far I've avoided these at the grocery store, but I'm starting to feel a bit like King David watching Bathsheba towel off. Anyone tired these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Damn you Nabisco! So far I've avoided these at the grocery store, but I'm starting to feel a bit like King David watching Bathsheba towel off. Anyone tired these yet?
    Don't do it, scorcho! Stay strong! Think wholesome thoughts about brocolli.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

the only thing that could make these more seductive is if they were tucked under Kate Beckingsale's lingerie draw string.

I quit eating processed sugar almost two years ago - which was basically crack for me. I consumed an embarrassing amount of it. After going through literal withdrawals and a couple months under my belt for the most part I haven't missed it. Once in a while I'll see something sugary that looks good to me that makes me want to make an exception, and I would have thought something like this might be it... but no.

Be strong. You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I quit eating processed sugar almost two years ago - which was basically crack for me. I consumed an embarrassing amount of it. After going through literal withdrawals and a couple months under my belt for the most part I haven't missed it. Once in a while I'll see something sugary that looks good to me that makes me want to make an exception, and I would have thought something like this might be it... but no.

I can't relate to that, but I have become a sugar snob. My wife bakes well, and I bake pretty good pies. I have a hard time getting excited about store bought sugary goods because of that.

...that said, I would eat Nutter Butters right now if I had them. I'm bored at work.

Kate Beckingsale in lingerie though....
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Kate Beckingsale in lingerie before Pete Davidson though....
    FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 03-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was talking to the teenaged boys at church and asked them the #1 thing that makes a man attractive to a woman. After they named all the wrong things I said, "Wrong - it is confidence. Ask any woman. Also, that understanding will help you answer the question you'll ask yourself many times, 'How did a guy who looks like that land a woman like that?'"

I'll add this relationship to my stockpile of evidence.

I was talking to the teenaged boys at church and asked them the #1 thing that makes a man attractive to a woman. After they named all the wrong things I said, "Wrong - it is confidence. Ask any woman. Also, that understanding will help you answer the question you'll ask yourself many times, 'How did a guy who looks like that land a woman like that?'"

I'll add this relationship to my stockpile of evidence.
    and sense of humor is no. 2.