Thread: This is NOT the Elders Quorum: fixing the Misperception of Utah By 5

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    We really do need to fix that.
    In addition to the activity stream thing, I think there are a few other fixes, although it may be a little late at this point.
    1) No more definitive threads in the politics and religion categories. THE believer, THE unbeliever, THE marriage equality, THE today in church, etc threads just serve to perpetuate discord. All these threads need to have either some intrinsic expiration date or an external expiration date imposed.
    2) No external links in the religion and politics threads. If a user reads a compelling article, and can summarize salient points in his/her own words in the length of a post that stands on its own, fine. But repeatedly linking to articles from external feeds is just spamming the board.

I'll share my two pesos worth of opinions.

1. I left ufn because I got tire of reading a bunch of twaddle. Although there are plenty of seemingly great folks there, the zoob-ish, immature behavior of a few made ufn less attractive. And, yes, there are zoob-ish behaviors among all fanbases -- or among all "people".
    2. First, I am a sports fan. Second, I am a Utah fan.
    3. As many have already mentioned, the ufn's outdated format also bothered me. Vbulletin is ok. Candidly, I have no problems "clicking" the various sub-fora; and, I do use the "Activity Stream", as well.
    4. As an actively LDS member, I do find UB5 to have too much religious threads to my liking. I am only here to talk sports -- Utes sports. That said, I don't read those religious threads and are not bothered too much by them.
    5. I avoid internet confrontations because those are useless. I respect others' opinions and am able to agree to disagree. Also, I don't let idiocy drag me down and waste my time.