Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah Prediction Contest: vs. California

Utah Prediction Contest: vs. California

Post your score prediction below for the game against the University of California, Berkeley.

Utah 38
    Cal 24

Utah 35
    Cal 17

Utes 37
    Bears 30

Utah- 38
    Cal- 24
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 10-08-2015 at 11:20 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Utes 34
    Cal 27

Utes 42 - 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utah 38
    Ursine creatures 21

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Utes - 37
    Northern Cal - 24

Utah 38
    Cal 35

Utah - 34
    Cal - 27
    "This isn't a gentlemen's sport. This isn't tennis. This isn't an old-fashioned duel. This is football, it's a physical game." - Tony Bergstrom

Utes-41
    bears-31
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Utah 48
    Bears 24

DELETED

LA - you can't pick both Utah 48 Bears 24 and Utah 38 Ursine creatures 21...

I say Utes 41 - Cal 27 (Unfortunately my daughter is getting married next week and we have some pre-wedding functions to attend on Saturday in her new Bay area hometown so I will not be at this game). The good news is that with a daughter in the Bay area and another in the LA area, I can get to 2 away game locations without a problem.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-05-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Utah 24
    Cal 20
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Banned
    Utah 41
    Cal 24

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Cheater! I'd call for disqualification, but LAUte is never much of a threat in these anyways.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Utah 44
    Cal 31
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

These scores are way to high. Utah 34 Cal 21.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Cheater! I'd call for disqualification, but LAUte is never much of a threat in these anyways.

I forgot I had already made a prediction. These bye weeks are killers.

So: my Utes 38, Cal 21 prediction stands.

By the way, I think I am doing pretty well. I am in 7th place and someone named chrisrenrut is 20th.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-05-2015 at 03:28 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post

I say Utes 41 - Cal 27 (Unfortunately my daughter is getting married next week and we have some pre-wedding functions to attend on Saturday in her new Bay area hometown so I will not be at this game). The good news is that with a daughter in the Bay area and another in the LA area, I can get to 2 away game locations without a problem.
    I have withdrawn my more recent prediction. It was just a test to see if you people were paying attention.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

I forgot I had already made a prediction. These bye weeks are killers.

So: my Utes 38, Cal 21 prediction stands.

By the way, I think I am doing pretty well. I am in 7th place and someone named chrisrenrut is 20th.
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm pacing myself.

Utah: 41
    Cal: 27

Utah 27
    Cal 24

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I see what you're doing. You can't catch me that way, you know.
    Biding my time...

Boise, aka Paradise...I wish that was true.
    Utah - 41
    Cal - 31
    "We're pretty damn good," -- Coach John Pease

Utes 37
    Fighting Gregory Pecks 28

Here's my Lee Corso headgear pick (I know you've all been waiting for it)

Cal has seemed to gain some momentum this week. Grantland had an article about how this could be their coming out party and cement Goff as the number 1 pick in the draft next year.

Double not so fast my friends!

Utah has got the home field advantage, and despite Sonny's dickish comment that the fans have never scored a TD, I think the crowd will cause some problems for Goff and the boys. Also, our defense will cause problem for Goff and the boys...big problems. Cal might get a few over the top, but they won't be able to run the ball at all.

Utah 52
    Cal 27
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Utah has got the home field advantage, and despite Sonny's dickish comment that the fans have never scored a TD, I think the crowd will cause some problems for Goff and the boys. Also, our defense will cause problem for Goff and the boys...big problems. Cal might get a few over the top, but they won't be able to run the ball at all.

Utah 52
    Cal 27
    For the most part, his career is a whose who of timid crowds. I had to look this up, but Goff has never played in SLC. He had one game in Eugene as a freshman in 2013 where they were rolled (55-16). The games in Texas this year and in Tucson last year are the only more recent games I can see where the crowds could be intimidating.

This could be a huge advantage for us. They are not used to these kinds of games.

EDIT: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/act...ly_results.php