Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will be called as apostles and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    B Foster on deck. Eyes up Northwest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pres Foster for the win.

Dale Renlund is a close family friend. Now my mom will be able to name drop nonstop about another person.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    From Snowcat on that other site:

Two utes and an aggie. BYU left out of the Big 12 again.

Two Utes was called? I had no idea he was in the running. Can he still contribute here, because he can probably dish a lot of inside stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Pres Foster for the win.

Dale Renlund is a close family friend. Now my mom will be able to name drop nonstop about another person.
    After trying to explain to my kids what a mission president is, my eight year old asks, "So is he older than you?"
    "Yes. A lot."
    "He looks older than you. Is even older than mom?"
    Luckily mom is in the other room. (For the record, she's only six months older than me and looks much younger.)

Ron Rasband.
    James Hamula.
    Edward Dube.

One out of three isn't bad.

With Renlund, The church's gain is the Utah cardiac transplant unit's loss. (Although he was the area Pres over South Africa for the last few years). And his wife is an attorney, so LA can feel good about it.

Brad Foster was probably younger than I am when he showed up ad our mission Pres. He was probably 20 yrs younger than our previous Pres, or at least he looked that much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    From Snowcat on that other site:

Two utes and an aggie. BYU left out of the Big 12 again.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I really thought my Bronco prediction would be a winner. 😐

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I really thought my Bronco prediction would be a winner. 

Never hear of redlund until last conf. Really enjoyed his talk.

I've been fasting each Sunday bronco is never released as coach.

my faith exceeds!

One out of three isn't bad.

With Renlund, The church's gain is the Utah cardiac transplant unit's loss. (Although he was the area Pres over South Africa for the last few years). And his wife is an attorney, so LA can feel good about it.
    Renlund has been retired from his medical practice since his call to the 70. I really enjoyed his lectures during med school. Very smart guy.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Dale is a very sweet guy. I am happy for him. He will bring some balance to The Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Never hear of redlund until last conf.......my faith exceeds!
    But you've heard of the other two? Agreed, your faith does exceed.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Pres. Monson with a record number of "closed quotes" tonight, I lost count at about 8

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I expect 3 elderly (late 50s-early 60s) well-vetted, current GAs to be promoted.
    Swish!
    (not exactly a tough shot, I admit)
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

-Did the "any opposed?" crowd show up? I had the volume up pretty high and tried to listen but I didn't hear anything. But then President Eyring said the "vote has been noted". They had a manifesto up on their website in the middle of last week saying they weren't doing anything organized but that a few lone wolves would be there to continue this "tradition". If there were any of them there, I dont think they were as loud as last time.

-I felt so bad for President Monson. I was telling my wife that in the past few years the atmosphere at conference has totally flipped. Even as recently as 2012, when you went to conference the only "trouble" you encountered was the various protesters who there to get attention but also try to save the Mormons. Now the ones making the most trouble come from within. I think this internal turmoil has taken its toll on President Monson and he probably feels somewhat responsible. I know its pretty well been hashed out who sides where on this, so I am not really looking to fan those flames again, but I just find it interesting more than anything. I am interested to see where these movements go. Personally, I think "Ordain Women" is going to become irrelevant without a recognizable, outspoken leader like Kate Kelly. Hard to see "Any opposed?" gaining much traction either, although im sure that there will be a few knuckleheads looking for a cheap thrill that will take time out of their day to go tell everyone that they oppose in saturday afternoon session now.

-I enjoyed what I heard of the new Apostles. I know its going to outrage some that the Q12 is pretty homogeneous, but I don't think the goal has ever been to get a "representative government" (Uchtdorf has gone out of his way multiple times to say he doesn't represent any particular group). Another thought that I don't think the "I DEMAND EQUALITY!" agitators have taken into account is that while there are PLENTY of people who are qualified for being in the Q12, perhaps church leadership feels that their strengths would be better served remaining as area leaders in their native parts of the world, rather than being taken away from there on a full time basis. just my 1/50th of a dollar.