I have been contemplating starting a thread here geared toward motorcyclists, but began to think there may not be a lot of bikers of the motoring variety on this forum. By naming it Country Roads, we can open it up to anyone that likes to sight-see and hit the open road, 2 wheels or 4, motor or not. Many of us live in one of the most incredibly scenic parts of the country, and I'm amazed by the undiscovered (in my eyes) variety and beauty in my own backyard.

I bought a motorcycle (Suzuki Vstrom) about 5 years ago, after not having been on one since college. I took the Motorcycle Safety Training class, and haven't looked back. To me there is a serenity bordering on spirituality in hitting some remote stretch of road on a sunny day with no traffic...at least for the first few hours until my rear end starts aching...

With that said, I'd like to learn from others what their favorite sightseeing road tours have been, either by motorcycle, car, or bicycle...in the state of Utah, or anywhere else. If you have pictures to share, even better.

I'll start it out with one of my favorite summer rides when I have a long weekend. I start out in Star Valley, WY at the south end of Palisades Reservoir and head north on Rte 26 along the eastern shoreline. There are many turnoffs along the way with awesome views. Then continue on through Swan Valley to Pine Creek Road, where you veer off toward Victor, ID. Once in Victor, you can loop down over the Teton Pass toward Wilson and Jackson, or head north toward Island Park or West Yellowstone. Beautiful views and breathtaking scenery either way. If you do the loop through Jackson, it can easily be completed in a day with time for a leisurely breakfast and lunch.

http://goo.gl/maps/B4kBn

284982_10150242371676850_6366591_n.jpg

Sitting here looking at the snow outside is giving me the itch...hope to learn about other great places I should see. Happy Trails.