Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube greatest hits thread

Youtube greatest hits thread

I don't know how many of you guys/gals have seen this, but I first saw it about a month ago. I still smile whenever I think about it.

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

My wife absolutely loved this......really makes you wonder what you would do in a similar situation.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

My kids showed me this one yesterday

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I just got this one just a free minutes ago from my son (it's not a funny one, but I'll find some of those later):

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

During the Holocaust, Sir Nicholas Winton saved 669 Jewish children. He had told no one until his wife found a notebook with their names written in it. Watch the video from BBC program "That's Life," which aired in 1988:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by UtahDan; 02-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Da-da Da Da dahhh-ahhh! Screw the Y!

OK, just getting the hang of embedding videos...see below...
    Last edited by 3UteDad; 02-26-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    You can observe a lot by just watching - Yogi Berra

Slow night on the board...
    You can observe a lot by just watching - Yogi Berra

I saw this a few months ago. The first time I watched it I laughed so hard I was crying. I would probably be as freaked out as those people were. That little girl is awesome! And the creepy doll. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I still smile whenever I think about it.

I watched this 3 or 4 times yesterday and then almost spit my oatmeal all over the kitchen this morning thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I just got this one just a free minutes ago from my son (it's not a funny one, but I'll find some of those later):

Excellent! Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    Excellent! Thank you for posting.
    I was hoping for some expletives or something...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post
    I was hoping for some expletives or something...

I think Fred Rogers would have melted like the Wicked Witch if an expletive had ever passed his lips.

--Yeats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLul...e_gdata_player

Water Buffalo vs. lions...and a crocodile. This is wild.

Apparently National Geographic paid a million dollars for this video.

http://www.corbettreport.com/

www.infowars.com

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Cornstarch + water + speaker = Ooblech Monster

Not a youtube video, but this is pretty cool. Talk about biting off more than you can chew!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...low-the-other/
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Not a youtube video, but this is pretty cool. Talk about biting off more than you can chew!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...low-the-other/
    Fail. You lose the internet today.

♫I wish they all could be California girls♫

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

I totally shipped my pants.

This is a good one:

--Yeats

Worlds worst scooter driver. Watch to the very end.

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Worlds worst scooter driver. Watch to the very end.

Hilarious. I hope he's OK.

--Yeats

--Yeats

Disabled man gets a huge surprise at the value of a navajo blanket he had passed down to him that is sold at auction. My wife forwarded this to me. She is navajo, so it's special to her. It's a little long. The auction starts at about 5:00, and watching the reactions of the man is awesome.

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I couldn't stop laughing at this one. It's not about the guns. . .

Every couple should watch this together. (It will probably start some fights if one member of the couple lacks a sense of humor....)

--Yeats

Worth watching:

--Yeats