Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #13 Utah at Washington: Mining for victory in the Emerald City

The front blew through early, it is only sprinkling now and winds are light. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    The front blew through early, it is only sprinkling now and winds are light. No worries.
    The power of prayer is manifest once again! That, along with living right on and off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Radar looks like it's going to rain during the game. Hopefully that doesn't happen

#13 Utah at Washington: Mining for victory in the Emerald City

@matthew_piper: Filipo Mokofisi and Hunter Dimick were not on the travel roster as of last night and we haven't been able to spot them.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    @matthew_piper: Filipo Mokofisi and Hunter Dimick were not on the travel roster as of last night and we haven't been able to spot them.
    Yikes. That doesn't help my anxiety any.

@tribkurt: Utah-Washington kickoff officially will be 5:45 p.m. MST. Light rain here at Husky Stadium, maybe that goes without saying in November.

Not liking that first series. Or the first play by Washington.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

I have a feeling this is going to be a long night. Chris Peterson owns Whittingham.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

No resistance. Absolutely none.

--fjm.com

Not having Dimick or Mokofisi probably didn't help on that first W drive.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

But they did stiffen up and give up only a FG. I wonder why it is that we tend to be bad on opposing teams' opening drive. Or maybe that is a last season thing.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    But they did stiffen up and give up only a FG. I wonder why it is that we tend to be bad on opposing teams' opening drive. Or maybe that is a last season thing.

We got lucky that Washington screwed up with a stupid penalty.

--fjm.com

Nice break on the punt fumble. Gotta get 7 out of this. Go for it on fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Nice break on the punt fumble. Gotta get 7 out of this. Go for it on fourth.

We did what we needed to do. Now step up on defense again.

--fjm.com

Paul is awesome. Wish he would have got the TD

--fjm.com

I feel like Utah has always been like that. My theory is that we come out a bit conservative defensively until we figure out what the offense is trying to do then we dial in the defense to stop them.

I was not feeling good about this game. The first few drives we were not being disruptive on D, and the offense was moving the ball inconsistently.

Two big plays, and we have 14 quick points on the board. I hope the team can use these to gain confidence, and keep the momentum.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Having Norris makes such a huge difference. We can't give up third and longs like that though. Inexcusable.

--fjm.com

Big play by Hanson. Awesome strip.

--fjm.com

Hansen turning into a playmaker on D.

One of the big tackles by Norris was due to Hansen charging in and occupying he blocker.

Prediction: Hansen gets a pick this game and becomes a 3 year starter at safety.

2 TOs already. Exactly what we need to do.

--Yeats

#13 Utah at Washington: Mining for victory in the Emerald City

Prediction: Hansen gets a pick this game and becomes a 3 year starter at safety.
    Weddle-like, we hope.

--Yeats

Hansen sniffs out the trick play and covers the receiver it was supposed to go to.

Hansen turning into a playmaker on D.

One of the big tackles by Norris was due to Hansen charging in and occupying he blocker.
    Hanson is not a QB. He is a great defensive player. Play him at safety or LB and he will be a stud at either position. Love having him on defense.

--fjm.com

Weddle-like, we hope.

He is beginning to remind me of him. Always in the right place.

OK, Travis. Bad mistake. Keep your head up. Don't hang your head. Please.

--Yeats

I am surprised to see he is starting over Carter though. Carter is a stud. Is he injured?

We need to get Booker going.

Wow. Covey with the quick spin!