Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The College Football Playoff rankings thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I think MSU jumps OU, but they don't want to.

What they should do is identify team #1 and team #2, and then let team 1 choose which of the remaining 2 teams in plays in round 1.
    My understanding is that the No. 1 seed chooses the venue. Letting teams choose who they play is horrible precedent, and allows for ridiculous second-guessing if the team they want to play ends up winning. No coach would ever want a part of that decision.

This year was so neat and clean with the Top 4, it's the perfect year for a movement to 6 teams to take place. College football's postseason has never been neat and clean. It thrives on debate, discussion and controversy, none of which were in place this year. There's also little reward for finishing No. 1 vs. finishing No. 4.

I've always believed 6 is a perfect number. Top 2 get byes, Nos. 3-4 host opening round games on-campus. The bowls are untouched, fans get to experience a playoff without draining their bank accounts and 5-6 really have to prove themselves by beating three top 6 teams in successive weeks. You'll get debate on both seeding and No 6 vs. 7-8. Make it happen, CFP.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll take Clemson over MSU in the championship. The death of Clemsoning. Will Wazzu ever overcome Couging it?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I'll take Clemson over MSU in the championship. The death of Clemsoning. Will Wazzu ever overcome Couging it?
    I'll take the opposite: Alabamer over OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'll take the opposite: Alabamer over OU.
    I'm with AJ here. I don't believe in Clemson or MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Will Wazzu ever overcome Couging it?
    We should hope not. That's what makes them interesting.