Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This here's the TV. Two hours a day, maximum, either educational or football, so's, y'know, you don't ruin your appreciation of the finer things. #10 Utah vs. Arizona

This here's the TV. Two hours a day, maximum, either educational or football, so's, y'know, you don't ruin your appreciation of the finer things. #10 Utah vs. Arizona

Time to get this thread going, and no creative juices to come up with a clever thread title. I was going to go with something to do with RichRod being on his way back East, but whatever.

Losers of three in a row, Arizona is 5-5 and has two chances to get bowl eligible this year (Utah, ASU). They played pretty well on the road against USC, and they've beaten the two worst teams in the league (Colorado, OSU). However, they were blown out by Stanford, UCLA, and Washington, and also lost to Wazzu close.

The Arizona run game has tormented the Utes in the past, and Solomon is good enough to escape pressure. Like most of our games, this one will come down to how well the defense holds up while Solomon is scrambling, and how many turnovers we can force.

Offensively, we'll ride Booker, obviously, and we'll look to get the throw game back on track.

Much like last week, we should win this game because we are the better team.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Time to get this thread going, and no creative juices to come up with a clever thread title. I was going to go with something to do with RichRod being on his way back East, but whatever.

Losers of three in a row, Arizona is 5-5 and has two chances to get bowl eligible this year (Utah, ASU). They played pretty well on the road against USC, and they've beaten the two worst teams in the league (Colorado, OSU). However, they were blown out by Stanford, UCLA, and Washington, and also lost to Wazzu close.

The Arizona run game has tormented the Utes in the past, and Solomon is good enough to escape pressure. Like most of our games, this one will come down to how well the defense holds up while Solomon is scrambling, and how many turnovers we can force.

Offensively, we'll ride Booker, obviously, and we'll look to get the throw game back on track.

Much like last week, we should win this game because we are the better team.
    Anu is the worst qb for our defense. He moves real well and can throw hard. We need to spy him.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I'm just happy we don't have to see Ka'Deem Carey on the opposite sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We have, for the first time in the Pac-12, great LBrs. I'm hoping they are the difference in stopping the RichRodRun.
    This is the biggest difference. Last year, we didn't have Paul, and Norris was about 60% due to an accumulation of injuries.

Plus, Pease has shown a better scheme against the zone read than Sitake. I hope to see a healthy Dimick and Mokofisi this week.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    This is the biggest difference. Last year, we didn't have Paul, and Norris was about 60% due to an accumulation of injuries.

Plus, Pease has shown a better scheme against the zone read than Sitake. I hope to see a healthy Dimick and Mokofisi this week.
    Sounds like no Dimick.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Raising Arizona quotes always get two thumbs up from me.

Utes are a 6 point favorite.

This probably ends up another grind it out type game, mostly due to injuries etc.

Does anyone know if Scooby Wright will play?

He didn't play last week, and a quick google search didn't pull up any indication that he would.

Utes are a 6 point favorite.

This probably ends up another grind it out type game, mostly due to injuries etc.

Our defense will get TOs and give our offense short fields. They will take advantage and score. Because Booker. In the fourth quarter we will pull away. Because Booker. And partly because Wilson.

That's what I've got. Utah, 31-17.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Kyle Whittingham up next on The Playbook. Serius 84
    Last edited by mUUser; 11-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.

1. Team is focused. Tremendous senior leadership.
    2. Admits Arizona has their number. Even with a good run defense they haven't been able to stop the run. The run is Arizona's bread and butter averaging 250 yards.
    3. On offense, they rely on Travis to get 50-70 yards running plus Booker. No mention of passing game.
    4. No mention of injuries other than Chase.

Having said all that I missed the tail end of the interview.

Scooby is out, as is the other starting LB and their star RB, Williams. They have a ton of injuries.

Per Piper Aiono is practicing, using his left hand to snap, and expects to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Per Piper Aiono is practicing, using his left hand to snap, and expects to play.

:cringe: so many shotgun snaps with his non-dominant hand.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    :cringe: so many shotgun snaps with his non-dominant hand.
    I imagine if its not flawless in practice he won't play.

Take 20 minutes out of your day to relive the highlight to a season full of highlights. I'm still smiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIvyWXKvjac

Without losing sight of Arizona, it's weird that we don't have a kickoff time yet for the UCLA game next week. I don't remember it ever going this long before they announced game time.

If we leave Tucson with a "W", I say play the UCLA game at 8:00p. Let the Bruins freeze, grab the PAC South by the neck, take care of business vs the Buffs and start scoping flights to SFO / SJC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Without losing sight of Arizona, it's weird that we don't have a kickoff time yet for the UCLA game next week. I don't remember it ever going this long before they announced game time.

If we leave Tucson with a "W", I say play the UCLA game at 8:00p. Let the Bruins freeze, grab the PAC South by the neck, take care of business vs the Buffs and start scoping flights to SFO / SJC.
    The networks used their 6 day window for the game (they've done that a couple of times now with us this year)

Game time will be announced Monday.

Good insight here about "winning ugly:"

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Confer...284803936801:0

Those that think the Utes are somehow unique by not blowing out every unranked team, how about #15 TCU tied in the 3rd with quite possibly the worst team in division 1, 0-9 Kansas? Or USC struggling to beat Colorado last night. Doesn't have to be pretty, just win.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm going to just expect we adjust and shut these bastards down. Lowell is lucky he didn't get tossed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Hopefully that is our one soft defensive drive early on, and we stiffen up a bit.

i kind of wondered if after hearing so much talk from Whittingham about stopping the run, that Arizona would come out throwing. USC showed that the short passing game could be a way to exploit this defense.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Hopefully that is our one soft defensive drive early on, and we stiffen up a bit.

i kind of wondered if after hearing so much talk from Whittingham about stopping the run, that Arizona would come out throwing. USC showed that the short passing game could be a way to exploit this defense.
    Not looking good on this drive.

Whit just can't crack this offense. We are lucky with the drop on the first drive, otherwise they score a TD. We haven't stopped them on a single play yet.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

So far, no good.

We are going to need our offense to show up. We are going to need 40 to win.

--fjm.com

2 drives. Zero good plays by the defense. No resistance.

--fjm.com

Banned
    We just gifted them two scores. Fawkin Domo better get his shit together.

Banned
    Oh yeah, and we are going to win this game.

Like the idea to soften them up with the swing passes, but don't go to that well too often or they will jump it and get the pick 6.

--fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Oh yeah, and we are going to win this game.

--fjm.com

I'm feeling an 8 minute TD drive. Our offense will show up.

--fjm.com