Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 NCAA Hoops

2015-16 NCAA Hoops

And....game on!

Who do you have in the season opener? Eastern Michigan or Vermont? EMU with an early lead!

Monmouth tops UCLA.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Monmouth tops UCLA.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    And ASU falls to Sacramento St. Not an auspicious start to the season for the PAC-12.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 11-14-2015 at 07:21 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Butler beats the Citadel 144-71.

To score 71 points and lose by 73 is a pretty unique accomplishment.

This Oregon-Baylor game is hard on the eyes, between the uniforms and gawd awful court.

Attachment 1694
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 11-16-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

BYU taken down by Long Beach State in a game that tipped off just before midnight locally.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    BYU taken down by Long Beach State in a game that tipped off just before midnight locally.
    BYU is improving their positioning in the Shanghai market.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Sweet. Is this Collinsworth's senior year? Haws is gone, right? Who do they have now? I hope they miss the tournament.
    Yep, Haws is gone and Collinsworth is a senior. They have a bit more size this year and a lot of chuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    BYU is improving their positioning in the Shanghai market.
    #Exposure #ShareGoodness #WCCIsWorking #MissionaryWork

#9 Wichita State goes does earlier tonight to an unranked Tulsa. Duke also lost but to Kentucky, so no shame there. The Kansas-Michigan State game just wrapped up an entertaining game, with MSU on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    #9 Wichita State goes does earlier tonight to an unranked Tulsa. Duke also lost but to Kentucky, so no shame there. The Kansas-Michigan State game just wrapped up an entertaining game, with MSU on top.

Duke looks like they can be had this year. They're still really, really good, but it does not appear that the new guys are as good as Jones and Okafor.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Yeah, the secret is to have three seven foot monsters and the best pg in the country. Kentucky looked amazing.
    Haha...well there's that.

I'll be interested to see how Poeltl matches up against Plumlee, because I thought he played pretty well vs. Okafor last year, but struggled with Kaleb Tarczewski.

UW is getting worked by Gonzaga at Atlantis (Bahamas).

Go Zags. Spokane needs something positive to cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    UW is getting worked by Gonzaga at Atlantis (Bahamas).

Go Zags. Spokane needs something positive to cheer for.
    The only reason to ever root for the Zags is if they are playing Kentucky or Duke.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The only reason to ever root for the Zags is if they are playing Kentucky or Duke.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Or BYU. I hate racism and sexism more than anything.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Didn't realize U$C beat Wichita State.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Didn't realize U$C beat Wichita State.
    Van Vleet was out for WSU. Still shows improvement on USC's part.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Van Vleet was out for WSU. Still shows improvement on USC's part.
    USC is a sleeping giant. But don't say that to LAUte or he'll go nuts.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    USC is a sleeping giant. But don't say that to LAUte or he'll go nuts.
    😏 I've been hearing that "sleeping giant" trope for 33 years now here in L.A.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    😏 I've been hearing that "sleeping giant" trope for 33 years now here in L.A.

The giant is too busy playing football.

Monmouth defeats Notre Dame.

Bench reacts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-ko7xgoCzS/

EDIT: This Deadspin article highlights a few of their more creative ones as they've gone on to beat UCLA and USC as well.
    Last edited by U-Ute; 11-30-2015 at 10:08 AM.

UCLA up 10 on Ky with 7:00 to go.

This is one of those "too much of a trainwreck to look away" type of things.

The lowest attended games thus far this season. Broken down by tournement games vs non-tournament games.

I'll whet your appetite with this:

With 152 people being the THIRD worst game, you have to wonder how these tournaments make any money
    http://www.allmysportsteamssuck.com/...mes-this-year/

Boise takes down Oregon, and CU beats BYU.

Asu hung with Kentucky for a longer than we hung with Wichita.
    UCLA beats Gonzaga in the Kennel in Spokane.

Calling timeout to set up a final shot is rarely successful but it happens too often. It's one of Kodiak's foibles and it probably cost Oklahoma a magnificent win at Kansas tonight. Kruger is such a control freak. He does it over and over again.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

They're saying Dave Rice is done at unlv.
    I got the Review Journal notification. Surprised he survived last off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I got the Review Journal notification. Surprised he survived last off season.

This is UNLV's way of conceding they have a huge advantage in the MWC Tournament. You couldn't let Rice coach in it and fire him after UNLV wins it and (maybe?) wins a game or two in the Dance.

So who am I supposed to pull for in this ucla, usc game?
    or CU vs OSU

So who am I supposed to pull for in this ucla, usc game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    or CU vs OSU
    Sometimes you just have to take comfort in the fact that someone is losing.

Doug Gottlieb to UNLV anyone?

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2016/1/...nlv-head-coach

Doug Gottlieb, a CBS Sports analyst and radio host, went on ESPN Las Vegas 1100/100.9 and was asked if he would be interested in being the head coach at UNLV.

"Absolutely", he responded.