Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
Clinton not an internationalist? You either have erased him from your memory or you have a very specific and exclusive definition of internationalist to exclude him from your definition. Somalia, Kosovo, Iraq, etc. You are just using a label of McGovernite (whatever you tell us that means.)

Obama and the US military obviously underestimated the threat from ISIS, and were slow to react. But it is not clear to me that the strategy has not turned a corner. ISIS has significantly less territory than it had a year ago. the Kurds have taken the supply route to Mosul and significant territory in Iraq and Syria near the Turkish border. If the Iraqi's retake Mosul this year after retaking Remadi, esp. without any Shia militia participation, that will be huge.

ISIS is becoming contained geographically; containing the ability to export terrorism to Europe or the US is much more difficult, and probably can never be completely achieved, esp. without a political solution in Syria.
The thinking that Isis is being contained geographically is a dangerous one, I hope our foreign policy experts and leadership don't think that way any more.

Even if the contain the current geographic bounds of the major ISIS action, it will fracture and spread out in a much more smaller cell sort of operation. They are social media savvy and we have seen a number of ISIS motivated incidents in the US already. That part will get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk