Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Shooting for 5 straight: UTAH vs. BYU, Vegas Bowl 2015

Here's the beautiful thing about this game: With the lopsided score after 1 quarter, we'll relax and the rest of the game will be more even, which BYU fans will hang their hat on all off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Here's the beautiful thing about this game: With the lopsided score after 1 quarter, we'll relax and the rest of the game will be more even, which BYU fans will hang their hat on all off season.
    They will be bragging about the defense holding Utah scoreless for 3 quarters.

See Michigan game.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Loving the lead but the O Line needs to get their act together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Loving the lead but the O Line needs to get their act together

Agreed.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Hoping our offensive lethargy is 100% at the QB position, cuz if our receivers can't get open on this secondary then we have serious issues next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Hoping our offensive lethargy is 100% at the QB position, cuz if our receivers can't get open on this secondary then we have serious issues next season.

A lot of the problem is the offensive line. It's not doing a very good job this afternoon.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

We need to come out and crush them with a 6 minute TD drive.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    We need to come out and crush them with a 6 minute TD drive.

The O needs to show something.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I love the lead, but we haven't won yet. The team is sure acting like it though.

--fjm.com

UVA AD: "So, how is our new coach doing?l

UVA SID: "Utah is wearing him like a hat"

UVA AD: "..."

It's a good thing our D got us those points early. Our O looks almost as as ineffective as against UCLA or CU.

--Yeats

Shooting for 5 straight: UTAH vs. BYU, Vegas Bowl 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It's a good thing our D got us those points early. Our O looks almost as as ineffective as against UCLA or CU.

How is it their slow receivers can get open but our slow receivers can't
    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-19-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Our best offense appears to let Mangum throw the ball to our defense.

No energy. No sense of urgency

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    How is it their slow receivers can get open but our slow receivers can't
    At this point, it's more than our receivers. The whole offense is simply broken.

We need a spark.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    At this point, it's more than our receivers. The whole offense is simply broken.
    A great argument against your lifetime contract theory. 7 year deal, absolutely.

--fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yep

I will be happy to see Wilson gone. A QB who is 6'7" has no excuse for his passes being knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

That said, this offense really, really sucks and it's not all Wilson. The O-line is as much to blame for the anemic numbers as he is.

This game isn't over, play like it. We are going to win, but let's not make it interesting.

--fjm.com

Great call. Fire this team up.

--fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Great call. Fire this team up.

Or not

What is the deal with the offense?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah. The line isn't blocking and Travis quits looking after a half second because he doesn't expect anyone to get open. It's a systemic problem

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Yeah. The line isn't blocking and Travis quits looking after a half second because he doesn't expect anyone to get open. It's a systemic problem

O line playing lethargic.

--Yeats

The defense is now playing as bad as the offense. They are abusing us like Arizona.

--fjm.com

Gionni has been pretty absent.

--Yeats

There we go.

--fjm.com