Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: An officer down in my neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Just an update now that the information has been made public

Officer David Romrell was killed in the line of duty.

Officer Romrell was 31, he had been with South Salt Lake for only 11 months. Prior to law enforcement he was a US Marine with multiple tours. He leaves behind a wife and 4 month old child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Terrible.

Dang, just read the article about the situation. So sad. Any call or incident could be a life-threatening situation. Officer Romero served multiple tours as a marine, but a burglary call in South Salt Lake is where his life ended. The article says this is the first Line of duty death is South Salt Lake.

t makes me appreciate what LEO’s do for us everyday.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Dang, just read the article about the situation. So sad. Any call or incident could be a life-threatening situation. Officer Romero served multiple tours as a marine, but a burglary call in South Salt Lake is where his life ended. The article says this is the first Line of duty death is South Salt Lake.

t makes me appreciate what LEO’s do for us everyday.
    One of my former recruits is also in the national guard and had deployed multiple times.

He was curious about the risks in both jobs so he did the math. He found he’s slightly more at risk of being killed as a law enforcement officer than he was on any combat tour.

One of my former recruits is also in the national guard and had deployed multiple times.

He was curious about the risks in both jobs so he did the math. He found he’s slightly more at risk of being killed as a law enforcement officer than he was on any combat tour.

The officer killed last night had a wife and 4 month old son. Hoping this isn't an insensitive comment, but do the spouses get taken care of financially? I sure hope they get great life insurance and a pension?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    The officer killed last night had a wife and 4 month old son. Hoping this isn't an insensitive comment, but do the spouses get taken care of financially? I sure hope they get great life insurance and a pension?
    Not really. The legislature changed the law so a survivor can get the pension, but he had 11 months on so there’s little to be had.

Unless you pay for extra life insurance most cities give $50,000 tops.

There is a charity foundation in Utah who will give his wife a check for $25,000 this week.

Utah is not the greatest at taking care of their fallen

Not really. The legislature changed the law so a survivor can get the pension, but he had 11 months on so there’s little to be had.

Unless you pay for extra life insurance most cities give $50,000 tops.

There is a charity foundation in Utah who will give his wife a check for $25,000 this week.

Utah is not the greatest at taking care of their fallen

That is disappointing.

Provo City police Officer shot and killed yesterday.

There have now been 6 officers killed on January 5th in Utah. Deadliest single day in the state.

Both Josie Greathouse Fox and Jared Francom we’re killed on the 5th (Josie was the first line of duty death funeral I attended 8 years ago. Sadly I’ve been to almost 10 since)

There have now been 6 officers killed on January 5th in Utah. Deadliest single day in the state.

Both Josie Greathouse Fox and Jared Francom we’re killed on the 5th (Josie was the first line of duty death funeral I attended 8 years ago. Sadly I’ve been to almost 10 since)
    I am sorry to hear this... for you, your follow officers, and the community as a whole.

Every time I hear this kind of news, it's a blow.

Public servants, overwhelmingly good people, put in crazy amounts of stressful situations... then something like this.

Pretty sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say we feel for you & the rest of the law enforcement community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Pretty sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say we feel for you & the rest of the law enforcement community.
    You do for me, Ma’ake. Be safe, Diehard.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell