Syracuse
    Michigan
    Valparaiso

Next Four Out:

Tulsa
    LSU
    Ohio St.
    Georgia

Several of these teams probably play their way in with a win...but for the sake of argument, here are the possible bid stealers in action today:

Michigan (vs. Purdue) - Semifinal
    LSU (vs. A&M) - Semifinal
    UConn (vs. Temple) - Semifinal
    Davidson (vs. VCU) - Semifinal
    Memphis (vs. Tulane) - Semifinal
    Georgia (vs. Kentucky) - Semifinal

I agree with Jay Bilas that ultimately the committee will put in a high major and a mid major. I don't see how they keep Monmouth out.
    Lots of Ls on this list today. UConn still alive.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

So, pretty safe to say the 1 seeds will come from Kansas, UVa, Nova, UNC, and MSU.

That leaves three openings for the 2 seeds, and OU, Oregon, WVU, Xavier, Miami, and Utah are the contenders. I think OU has one for sure. The winner of Utah/Oregon gets one. Then I think it's WVU.

Looking waaay ahead, if we make the sweet 16 either as a 2 or 3 seed, our possible opponents include OU, WVU, Xavier, Miami, Indiana, or Kentucky. On that list, I would prefer Xavier and then Indiana.

My first time watching West Virginia this year. Scrappy defense. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    So, pretty safe to say the 1 seeds will come from Kansas, UVa, Nova, UNC, and MSU.

That leaves three openings for the 2 seeds, and OU, Oregon, WVU, Xavier, Miami, and Utah are the contenders. I think OU has one for sure. The winner of Utah/Oregon gets one. Then I think it's WVU.

Looking waaay ahead, if we make the sweet 16 either as a 2 or 3 seed, our possible opponents include OU, WVU, Xavier, Miami, Indiana, or Kentucky. On that list, I would prefer Xavier and then Indiana.
    Those missed FT's and foul are killer. If we win those two, we'd be a 1 seed. Other than those two losses, only Kansas is more impressive than us right now.

We should be a one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    My first time watching West Virginia this year. Scrappy defense. Love it.

Their press is impressive.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

UVA\UNC is a great game.

Anyone coming to Denver if the Utes are here? I like the idea of playing at elevation.

So, we pulled our starters (the good ones, anyway) at ten minutes. Altman left his in for another seven minutes after that. Why?

I wonder if Oregon gets the 1 seed. Who are their good ooc wins? I don't think wins against Utah and Arizona are enough for a 1 seed. I'd give it to Uva or Villanova.

I will be rooting against all the other pac12 teams in the tournament.

I wonder if Oregon gets the 1 seed. Who are their good ooc wins? I don't think wins against Utah and Arizona are enough for a 1 seed. I'd give it to Uva or Villanova.
    Checked, they beat Baylor, which is a really strong win. None of their other opponents are going to dance.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is the selection show really 2 hours long? I hope that is all talking heads after the bracket and not them teasing the bracket out the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Is the selection show really 2 hours long? I hope that is all talking heads after the bracket and not them teasing the bracket out the whole time.
    Yeah...I think it's brackets first, then Seth Davis and Doug Gotlieb wax philosophical.

Can UVA get a #1 seed after losing their CCG? If no, then can Oregon steal it? If yes, then do conference tournaments matter at all? Maybe Rick Majerus was correct after all.

Only Memphis can really steal a bid today. Should be fun to watch.

Oregon should be a one seed. They were incredible last night. And we are a top 10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Oregon should be a one seed. They were incredible last night. And we are a top 10 team.
    I think they will get it, but I think UVa deserves it more. The wahoos have OOC wins against 2 seeds Nova and WVU and against 5 seed Cal. They have a win vs 1 seed UNC. They beat 3 seed Miami, and they swept Louisville who would be a 3-4 seed. I don't see anything on Oregon's win list that comes close to that.

Virginia does have four loses to non tournament teams - GW, VT, GT, and FSU.

Bracket Matrix predictions:

1 seeds: Kansas, UNC, MSU, and Oregon
    2 seeds: UVa, Nova, Oklahoma, West Va
    3 seeds: Utah, Miami, Xavier, Kentucky
    4 seeds: Indiana, A&M, Purdue, Duke

I think these will be accurate, but I think Duke will drop to a 5 to make room for Seton Hall as a 4.

Who would you pick to be the 1,2,4 in Utah's bracket? I would take MSU, Nova, and any of the 4 seeds but A&M.

Committee loves the Pac!

This announcement show is a joke. This should take 1/2 hour. They scheduled it for 2, and now have to fill time with these jokers.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

3 seed in Denver against fresno

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Then on to gonzaga/seton hall.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Is that a guess, or are you seeing it somewhere?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Somebody tweeted it in a spoiler alert. Play winner of Gonzaga Seton Hall

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Is that a guess, or are you seeing it somewhere?
    There's a leaked bracket that has been 100%. Time for me to turn off this awful show.

So who's coming to see me in Denver?

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Arizona in that 6 line is dangerous. They could very well play Kansas in the E8.

Seeing all the shots of the teams waiting....our facility looks amazing. Our guys certainly have the nicest place to watch

I think we got a good draw. I am excited to see how we perform

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Then on to gonzaga/seton hall.
    I don't know a thing about Seton Hall, but I like the way we would match up vs Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I don't know a thing about Seton Hall, but I like the way we would match up vs Gonzaga.
    Tony Jones thinks Seton Hall would give us a very tough game.

We have wins against teams seeded as follows in the Dance:

Duke 4
    Cal 4
    Arizona 6
    Oregon State 7
    Texas Tech 8
    USC 8
    Colorado 8

Not bad. I may have missed one.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell