Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 PAC-12 Tournament thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Ucla quit after we beat them at home. They only had a win over Colorado after that game.

USC is good, but they don't play much defense. And they turn the ball over excessively. They had 17 yesterday and only forced 8.

About the only thing that worries me about the game today is if our shooting performance from senior night repeats itself. If we have an average night from outside, we will win by 8.
    Swish
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Swish
    👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Swish
    No mention here of Enfield being petulant I see.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Swish

You dont get credit. Youjust plagarized my post this morning on Utefans:
    (1)
    So swish swish

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    You dont get credit. Youjust plagarized my post this morning on Utefans:
    (1)
    So swish swish
    And not to knit pick (ok, it kind of is) JiC got the turnover thing wrong. More of a rattle around the rim and falls in kind of prediction. But ultimately, the win is what matters.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    And not to knit pick (ok, it kind of is) JiC got the turnover thing wrong. More of a rattle around the rim and falls in kind of prediction. But ultimately, the win is what matters.

I intended a good natured ribbing. sorry if didn't come off that way.

Given that I haven't been to ufn in over 5 years, I just chalked it up to brilliant minds thinking alike
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Me too. Just piling on.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Kuzma was such a beast tonight. Maybe he'll be the Pac 12 version of Karl Malone next season.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Kuzma was such a beast tonight. Maybe he'll be the Pac 12 version of Karl Malone next season.
    Apparently Krysko and he had a meeting this week where Larry called him out for his casual nature recently

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Let's see how he does when Poeltl isnt drawing all the attention.

GP2 may get 20 rebounds in this game.

Cal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Cal it is.
    Cal looks tough. Seems like Bird has really been shooting well lately.

I liked a lot of what we did last night. To advance tonight, we need to keep clamping down defensively, limit them to one shot on offense, and not settle for jumpers on our end. If we do that I can see us advancing. Maybe...74-67.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

So, best of 3 against Cal. Like Utah, Cal has been on a hot streak. It has so much athleticism and length. I don't think Kuzma will be able to get nearly as many easy shots. We can't have 13 TOs tonight and have to play hard D.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    So, best of 3 against Cal. Like Utah, Cal has been on a hot streak. It has so much athleticism and length. I don't think Kuzma will be able to get nearly as many easy shots. We can't have 13 TOs tonight and have to play hard D.
    They seem to play a similar style to Washington and USC. Am I wrong about that? Seems like eventually we wore USC down last night with just smart play and easy looks. That said, we can't let them get to the basket as easily as we let Jacobs...because they've got 5 guys that could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    They seem to play a similar style to Washington and USC. Am I wrong about that? Seems like eventually we wore USC down last night with just smart play and easy looks. That said, we can't let them get to the basket as easily as we let Jacobs...because they've got 5 guys that could do that.

DJ and PK pointed out that all the starters except Bonham played 38 minutes last night. Reyes played for 2 minutes in the first half, Chapman 8, and Dakari 26. Hope we have something left in the tank second half tonight and tomorrow if we win.

Man, do you all worry like this about everything in life or just college basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Man, do you all worry like this about everything in life or just college basketball?

Whats your best guess?

Whats your best guess?
    Based off your name, everything

Looking at the last month of Cal's games
    It seems we know what they are

They're a poor shooting team, rarely above 45% from the field and 60% from the line.

They average more than 10 turnovers a game and don't seem to force much more.

The one area they seem to excel at times is the offensive glass. Their overall rebound totals are often close, but they tend to collect more on the offensive end (easier when you shoot in the 30's)

It should be a good game.

Based off your name, everything

You are wise grasshopper

Have you not noticed his nom de plume?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

It is so nice to see Brandon pull it together for the last half of the season. He is the second most important player on the team behind Poeltl.

Concerned? No. Observation? Yes.

True. But, to me, Cal has more talent and athletic-length, and seems to be gaining more experience/confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    True. But, to me, Cal has more talent and athletic-length, and seems to be gaining more experience/confidence.
    Well, and they can take a 10 point deficit and tie the game up really quickly. USC failed to do that last night. In fact, of the teams that are left, any one of them can (and have) erase a 10 point lead in a matter of minutes.

As an aside...Arizona's path to the title goes through three teams that have beaten them. Motivation?

Well, and they can take a 10 point deficit and tie the game up really quickly. USC failed to do that last night. In fact, of the teams that are left, any one of them can (and have) erase a 10 point lead in a matter of minutes.

As an aside...Arizona's path to the title goes through three teams that have beaten them. Motivation?
    I think USC played as well as they could yesterday and could barely make it a game. They forced turnovers, made big shots, etc. If they miss a three or two last night, we win big.

Cal is good, no doubt. Cal can definitely beat us. That being said, there is Oregon and us then a step down.

We should win this game. BUT, we should have won the PAC-12 as well...
    Last edited by Utah; 03-11-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Sorry for the "fouls". My phone won't let me edit them.