With this site being the Elder's Quorum and all, perhaps I will get no traction with this thread (although I expect Diehard to post at least once).

I've been impressed with the growing craft beer scene in Utah. We also have a distillery, High West, that is getting recognition across the country (although to be fair they are mostly a blender and don't do a lot of their own distilling).

I think there is a good 5+ breweries set to open in Utah this year. Even Utah county is getting in the game with 2 breweries trying to open.

Saturday Proper Brewing Co opens and I'm really excited to give them a try.

I'll be making a trip downtown to pick up a few. I also think there packaging is sharp and they have some clever plays on the local culture in them. Recommend Rye and Lake Effect. Wasatch has tried this and I think has ultimately failed in their efforts to be clever.

http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/2016/01...o-preview.html

I do think the market will become over saturated and some of these will fail, but it is an exciting time for sure for beer lovers in Utah. Distribution into the state sucks, so people are fixing that problem by making great beer here.