Thread: Captain America - Civil War

Captain America - Civil War

Trailer #2 went live today. A surprise ending.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Trailer #2 went live today. A surprise ending.

Yup. Not sure how I missed the deal last February that allows it.

It's nice of them to make this movie for my birthday.....especially the last of my 30's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiderman??????!!!!!!! That was a great trailer until then. That may have just ruined the movie for me. 😠

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Spiderman??????!!!!!!! That was a great trailer until then. That may have just ruined the movie for me. 
    Who doesn't like spiderman? But, yeah, too many heroes to keep track of.

And in this trailer, we see the old "regular people don't like the superheroes who repeatedly and selflessly save them" theme. This theme was never intriguing, and it's already been done to death by xmen, batman, and superman.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Who doesn't like spiderman? But, yeah, too many heroes to keep track of.
    Not enough superheroes for me. I need at least 12 separate superheroes to keep me interested in a movie nowadays.

Spiderman??????!!!!!!! That was a great trailer until then. That may have just ruined the movie for me. 😠

Good news is Marvel is controlling him in their movies, not Sony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So apparently this is a thing:

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    And in this trailer, we see the old "regular people don't like the superheroes who repeatedly and selflessly save them" theme. This theme was never intriguing.
    Agreed. Especially considering most of the problems are caused directly or indirectly by the superheroes themselves.

Banned
    Agreed. Especially considering most of the problems are caused directly or indirectly by the superheroes themselves.
    In order to even buy any of this bullshit superhero stuff. You have to suspend disbelief. So... the bad supervillians are the superheros fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    In order to even buy any of this bullshit superhero stuff. You have to suspend disbelief. So... the bad supervillians are the superheros fault?
    If me being moronic got you to make a post, then i will consider it well worth it.

Ps. In the last Avengers movie, tony stark created the person/robot they had to fight.

Saw this a couple of nights ago. Really enjoyed it. Laughed a lot, was glued to the screen. Black panther and spider man were nice additions.

Id guess that maybe half the audience left as the credits started to roll. This is a marvel movie!

Also, there was a trailer in the previews for the next marvel movie, dr strange. Ill be interested to see what extent the studio goes to bring these characters from movies and tv together. An unprecedented undertaking.
    Last edited by UtahsMrSports; 05-13-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Saw this a couple of nights ago. Really enjoyed it. Laughed a lot, was glued to the screen. Black panther and spider man were nice additions.

Id guess that maybe half the audience left as the credits started to roll. This is a marvel movie!

Also, there was a trailer in the previews for the next marvel movie, dr strange. Ill be interested to see what extent the studio goes to bring these characters from movies and tv together. An unprecedented undertaking.
    Well, that's taken some hits with Agent Carter being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Well, that's taken some hits with Agent Carter being cancelled.
    I liked agent carter. I was bummed out to hear the news. Itll be interesting to see if "marvels most wanted" or "marvels clean up crew" can go anywhere, if they even get started in the first place.

Captain America - Civil War

I saw this last night. I liked it. I do think the fight scenes of super beings throwing each other around get a little boring, but I got past that. I never saw "Winter Soldier" so
    Spoiler: for for those who haven't seen it yet
    it took me a while to figure out what happened to Bucky Barnes to get him to this point,
    but once I understood that part I really enjoyed the movie.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 05-15-2016 at 04:56 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell