Thread: Hi. I'm here to find out if you're awful human beings like those over on Utefans.

Hi. I'm here to find out if you're awful human beings like those over on Utefans.

I really hope you aren't. I used to enjoy posting on that board, I actually had more red stars in my first year than anyone else. Then it just got so hateful toward Mormons or conservatives that I began acting as an antagonist to the jerks. Lately, I've been trying to make the board over there so vitriolic that it will just be unbearable for anyone to post. That may not have been the best idea. It kind of worked, which is a bit sad because frankly it was too easy.
    Last edited by Mevsauce; 07-29-2016 at 11:29 PM.

I do believe you will find the banter much more friendly and lighthearted here.

Please hit up the Emigration Canyon forum and tell us about yourself!

Hopefully you will learn how to disagree, without being so disagreeable.

Open contempt gets answered with open contempt.

Self-seeking trolls will get a booted, and you have just admitted to being a self-serving troll.

That said, we also believe people can change their ways. So having said that, Welcome!

That board is getting a touch ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman1315 View Post
    That board is getting a touch ridiculous.
    See if you like the water here. I have a hunch you will. Try to humor Rocker Ute. He's actually quite harmless.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

By the way, almost everyone on this board started out on UteFans. Many of us here practically started that place. In fact, one of us did start it. (Not I.)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Rocker is a mod at Utefans isn't he? Would you mind wiping my utefans profile from existence?

Well it's completely unwelcoming to any kind of divergent thought now.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    By the way, almost everyone on this board started out on UteFans. Many of us here practically started that place. In fact, one of us did start it. (Not I.)
    Yeah, that was what, almost 20 years ago now. Sheesh I've been around a while (and I was only one is the practically, not the one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to know how to take down that board?

Plain and simple, all you have to do is tell the truth over there and point out just how foolish the way they argue is and they'll explode with rage. Post links to videos on realclearpolitics and hold them to their own standards of argument and they completely they'll lose it. They stooped to new lows today. When they post pictures of people they disagree with to ridicule, and make unfounded defamatory character attacks, then it's time to leave that behind.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Moose Again View Post
    Pangloss is by far the most civil poster I have ever seen who regularly chimes in on politics. The fact that you claim you're the civil one and everyone else is not tells me you're likely trash. I've actually never noticed you. Your comments must be very dull or not worthwhile because I read utefans.net regularly and I've never noticed you.
    Oh, I never claimed civility. I was entirely uncivil in response to the incivility. Pangloss is pretty civil, but he is also quite frequently incorrect in his statements (not that I'm perfect by any stretch). By the way, I think you might be the only person over there reviled more than me. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hnoseguard View Post
    Bruh.
    I don't want to argue with Utah fans anymore. In fact, I wrote out exactly why those statements are consistent and just deleted it. Believe your own truth. Go Utes.
    Last edited by Mevsauce; 07-31-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Moose Again View Post
    Pangloss is by far the most civil poster I have ever seen who regularly chimes in on politics. The fact that you claim you're the civil one and everyone else is not tells me you're likely trash. I've actually never noticed you. Your comments must be very dull or not worthwhile because I read utefans.net regularly and I've never noticed you.
    Let's avoid the personal attacks, please.
    There are plenty of ways to argue a point without stooping to how memorable someone is.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.