Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This or That, 2016 edition.

This or That, 2016 edition.

Some folks who have been here for a while might remember this from previous years. Well, its back and now more politically correct than ever (prior editions were known as him or him). If you are new or don't remember, this is how it works............

I'll start off at the bottom of this message with two figures in utah sports history. The first person to respond picks between them and then gives two more names/teams/inanimate objects for the next poster to pick between. No wrong answers. Debate is welcome. The more creative the better.

To start us off........

Bill Riley or Mike Lagashulte?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Some folks who have been here for a while might remember this from previous years. Well, its back and now more politically correct than ever (prior editions were known as him or him). If you are new or don't remember, this is how it works............

I'll start off at the bottom of this message with two figures in utah sports history. The first person to respond picks between them and then gives two more names/teams/inanimate objects for the next poster to pick between. No wrong answers. Debate is welcome. The more creative the better.

To start us off........

Bill Riley or Mike Lagashulte?
    Bill Riley.

Rice-Eccles Stadium or the Huntsman Center?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Both are two of my favorite places, but ill say Huntsman since it was the site of my favorite moment in ute sports that i witnessed. (Jason Washburn's final home game, beating a ranked oregon team comfortably and watching him celebrate with fans for what seemed like an hour after the game.)

Dave or Joe Kruger?

Both are two of my favorite places, but ill say Huntsman since it was the site of my favorite moment in ute sports that i witnessed. (Jason Washburn's final home game, beating a ranked oregon team comfortably and watching him celebrate with fans for what seemed like an hour after the game.)

Dave or Joe Kruger?

Dave, for playing for the Utes as a senior.

Orson Spencer Hall or the Social & Behavioral Science Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

OSH cause it is gone.

Golf course or water fountain where the UMFA is now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf course. "Ticky" Burden or "Peaches" Lassiter?

Luther Burden!

Bogut or Poeltl?

Dave or Joe Kruger?
    Wait...your favorite Ute memory involves Jason Washburn?????

Luther Burden!

Bogut or Poeltl?
    Bogut.

Kevin Dyson or Steve Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Bogut.

Kevin Dyson or Steve Smith?
    Steve Smith because he rocks.

Tom Chambers or Danny Vranes?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Steve Smith because he rocks.

Tom Chambers or Danny Vranes?
    Tom Chambers because he lives on in one of the most famous NBA dunks of all time.

Tim Drisdom or Marc Jackson? (This was a huge debate on utefans back in the day).

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Tom Chambers because he lives on in one of the most famous NBA dunks of all time.

Tim Drisdom or Marc Jackson? (This was a huge debate on utefans back in the day).
    Jackson was a better player, but im going with Drisdom because I once saw a poster at a BYU-Utah game that said "Obey the Word of Drisdom".

Misha Radojevic or Marko Kovacevic?

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post

I know it's already been answered, but anyone over Jackson. Trent Whiting over Jackson.

I know it's already been answered, but anyone over Jackson. Trent Whiting over Jackson.
    We will have to fight on this one. Mark Jackson is the most underrated utah bball player of all time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Jackson was a better player, but im going with Drisdom because I once saw a poster at a BYU-Utah game that said "Obey the Word of Drisdom".

Misha Radojevic or Marko Kovacevic?
    Marko.

Jiggy Watkins or Shaky Smithson?

Shaky Smithson

Tony Harvey or Phil Dixon?

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Shaky Smithson

Tony Harvey or Phil Dixon?

Phil. Dude went through a plate glass window at the Union.

Georgia Dabritz or Ashley Postell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Phil. Dude went through a plate glass window at the Union.

Georgia Dabritz or Ashley Postell?
    Ashley Postell. Won 20 All-America awards. (Wasn't that a record?)

Trace Caton or Ben Caton?

--Yeats

Ashley Postell. Won 20 All-America awards. (Wasn't that a record?)

Trace Caton or Ben Caton?
    Trace.

If the radio guys decided to blow it up this year, would you rather listen to the byu game called by Greg wrubell and frank dolce who might beat each other up before halftime or bill Riley and mark Lyons?

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Wait...your favorite Ute memory involves Jason Washburn?????
    Just skimming this thread that seemed odd to me too.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Trace.

If the radio guys decided to blow it up this year, would you rather listen to the byu game called by Greg wrubell and frank dolce who might beat each other up before halftime or bill Riley and mark Lyons?
    Would gouging my ears out instead be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Just skimming this thread that seemed odd to me too.
    *that I've witnessed in person*

Osh for the bathroom shenanigans or so I've been told

We will have to fight on this one. Marc Jackson is the most underrated utah bball player of all time.

I agree. His effort against Ridnour in the 03 NCAA tournament is a great memory.
    I knew Marc from the time he was a little kid - he could've been a great college football player too.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

We will have to fight on this one. Mark Jackson is the most underrated utah bball player of all time.

It has nothing to do with his on-court performance.

Trace.

Bill Riley and Mark Lions. Actually, I'd rather listen to that pair than Riley Dolce.

Bill Marcroft's bare ass in a bathroom, or Rick Majerus wearing just a towel and eating pizza in his hotel room?

Senioritis' formerly weekly letters to the opposing head coach or Jim Harbaugh's twitter feed?

Senioritis' formerly weekly letters to the opposing head coach or Jim Harbaugh's twitter feed?
    Senioritis in a walk.

Scott Mitchell or Alex Smith?

--Yeats

Senioritis in a walk.

Scott Mitchell or Alex Smith?
    Alex Smith!

A-Rod or Jim Harding?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Alex Smith!

A-Rod or Jim Harding?
    Jim Harding has had greater impact.

Tommy Connor or Donny Daniels?

--Yeats