Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hammering Thor: SUU at Utah (9-1-16)

Receivers had some drops, but made some plays too.

It was nice to see Patrick living up to the long lived expectations.

We had a deep game without CBB. If/when he comes back, it'll be that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Receivers had some drops, but made some plays too.

It was nice to see Patrick living up to the long lived expectations.
    Patrick had the inside on the long throw that Williams missed. Anything to the inside, and I think it would be a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    The one thing we can all agree on is that scheduling D-2/FCS teams is a ripoff to fans. We should make a promise to the fans not to schedule FBS teams.
    The FCS schools are very grateful for it, FWIW.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

For those sweating the 24 points, look how many we left on the field. First drive, Raelon gets tripped up by the 5 yard line, then we can't punch it in. 4 points.

Boobie likewise gets trips on a punt return that might have been a TD. (Can't remember if we scored on that possession). 7 points. Phillips misses a makeable FG. 3 points.

So, it could have easily been 39-0, or 35-0, against a team that cared enough to keep fighting.

Watching the highlights from Logan, I know Jay Hill is dealing with issues far bigger than football, but on a couple of TD runs, the Aggie RB was untouched.

Didn't we smoke Weber last year, 70-7?

As they say in the military, "the enemy has a vote". Give SUU credit for not just showing up and letting us blast forward for 7 yards a carry. That would have been a much bigger disservice to us, the fans, SUU... everyone. I'm glad they punched us in the mouth.

For those still enjoying your panty wad, #12 Michigan State is leading mighty Furman 14-3 halfway through the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted Miller telling Ute fans to start freaking out:

My thoughts are this: Utah fans should run screaming into the streets.Then, when that gets old or people start to stare, they should go to The Pie and bring me a medium barbecue chicken cilantro because I am starving! First one here gets a slice.
    Utah fans, I want you guys to hang out with Cal fans. The meshing of neuroses would be fun to watch. (Cal fans: "That might be fun but ... red ... hmmm. I don't know. Let me meditate on it. But only after Math Time.")
    At the top of the Utah checklist, quarterback Troy Williams looked good Thursday night. Pretty much the only reason I watched was to get some data on that. But I also noticed: 1. Williams has a solid No. 1 option in receiver Tim Patrick; 2. Troy McCormick looked like more than a backup running back.
    Defense? It pitched a shutout. Nothing more needs to be said.
    As for the leaky offensive line, well, that was a bit of a surprise, but I suspect a lot of that was due to a syndrome known as "we're playing an FCS team in Week 1."
    I will be truly surprised if Utah's season doesn't live up to expectations because of its O-line.

Hammering Thor: SUU at Utah (9-1-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Ted Miller telling Ute fans to start freaking out:
    Lol. I recorded Swinney's post-game "Ute React" show and was listening this morning. Not sure he is the right guy for that show -- at least not alone. Anyway, he was in full panic mode about the o-line.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-03-2016 at 03:19 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Huntley reminds me of Ratliff in that he is not afraid to sling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    For those sweating the 24 points, look how many we left on the field. First drive, Raelon gets tripped up by the 5 yard line, then we can't punch it in. 4 points.

Boobie likewise gets trips on a punt return that might have been a TD. (Can't remember if we scored on that possession). 7 points. Phillips misses a makeable FG. 3 points.
    Then there was the ref getting in the way of a sure TD pass.

It would have been nice to score more points, but my only real concern is with the OL. I figure Joe Williams just has a bad night.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Picking up right where the bacon got left off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that. Mitch Wishnowski is going to surprise people this year. He averaged 55 yds per punt in this game.

I can't wait to see him on a fake punt. He is much bigger and faster than he appears, and is much faster and stronger than Tom Hackett. He is almost as big as Texas's '18-wheeler package' QB. He is going to flat out truck a defender at some point this year.