Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2016

Hybrid View

Calling all posters (and lurkers). The best contest of the year starts tonight and the entrance fee is $0.00.

(You can still enter for up to a week; you just can't pick cal this week after today).

Cal. I figure if they lose then the majority of us will just start a do-over pool so we have nothing to lose.

Part of a coach's "caché" is his ability to develop coaches and to build a coaching tree. If a coach can build up his assistants to become HC's he will be seen as more capable. Especially if they are successful and run a good program.

This is actually a great skill for managers at every level.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post

(3) you can only select against each team once during the season (i.e. the Colorado rule; once you pick against a team they can't pick against them again)
    Does this apply to non-conference teams as well? Could I pick Arizona in Week 1, and Utah in Week 2, since they both play BYU?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Does this apply to non-conference teams as well? Could I pick Arizona in Week 1, and Utah in Week 2, since they both play BYU?
    Ah, good question socal. Usually, we say once per year per team. for instance, Idaho is on a lot of schedules this year; you can only choose against them once. However, I am willing to make exceptions for byu. If you want to pick against the cougs in weeks 1, 2, and 3, knock yourself out.

Ah, good question socal. Usually, we say once per year per team. for instance, Idaho is on a lot of schedules this year; you can only choose against them once. However, I am willing to make exceptions for byu. If you want to pick against the cougs in weeks 1, 2, and 3, knock yourself out.
    Can you pick Idaho state? I thought they were fcs, big sky. Wrong?

Does this contest assume a winner before season end, since there are 13 weeks and only 12 teams to be picked no more than once? What happens if it comes down to the final week?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Can you pick Idaho state? I thought they were fcs, big sky. Wrong?

Does this contest assume a winner before season end, since there are 13 weeks and only 12 teams to be picked no more than once? What happens if it comes down to the final week?
    First, no picking Idaho state. They are, as you note, fcs. Idaho, on the other hand, is fbs.

Second, we have never reached week 13. In fact, I'm not sure we've reached week 8.

First, no picking Idaho state. They are, as you note, fcs. Idaho, on the other hand, is fbs.

Second, we have never reached week 13. In fact, I'm not sure we've reached week 8.
    Sorry. I read your post to say Idaho State because both the Buffs and the beavers play them.

I'm taking Washington.

i friggin' LOVE this game!!!!!

My week 1 pick is Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    i friggin' LOVE this game!!!!!

My week 1 pick is Colorado.
    Great to have you. Too bad you'll be done after 1 game

haha! not this year my friend. I want to reclaim my championship.

Great to have you. Too bad you'll be done after 1 game

Put me down for UW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooblue and I may be done after this weekend. It will have been fun while it lasted, again...

I made it to week 2 for the first time in this contest. Thank you Cal.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great first week. Nearly everyone advances. On to week 2.

UW
    Wally
    RockerUte
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    redastheycome
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah
    Uteopia
    Eldiente

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Ublender
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Week 2....give me
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
    Idaho @ Washington
    Byu @ Utah
    unlv @ ucla
    Texas tech @ Arizona state
    Washington st @ Boise state
    Cal @ sdsu
    Uva @ Oregon

Fcs opponents: Colorado and Arizona

Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
    Idaho @ Washington
    Byu @ Utah
    unlv @ ucla
    Cal @ sdsu
    Uva @ Oregon

So, I'm dumb (as if you haven't already realized). I picked Colorado last week. So, I can no longer pick Colorado, correct? And I can't pick the same opponent twice, so theoretically, I can't pick CSU again, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    So, I'm dumb (as if you haven't already realized). I picked Colorado last week. So, I can no longer pick Colorado, correct? And I can't pick the same opponent twice, so theoretically, I can't pick CSU again, correct?
    You can't pick against csu again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Give me ASU.

Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
    Idaho @ Washington
    Byu @ Utah
    unlv @ ucla
    Cal @ sdsu
    Uva @ Oregon

Utah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

​The picks for week 2, thusfar:

Utah

DrumNFeather
    Sancho
    Applejack

Oregon
    SoCalPat

ASU
    Scratch
    Redastheycome

UW
    Husky Free Northwest

UCLA
    Mormon Red Death

Cal
    Sully

USC
    Chrisenrut

The University of Utah 3rd quarter break tradition forcers!

Updated. ​The picks for week 2, thusfar:

Utah

DrumNFeather
    Senioritis
    UtahMrSports
    Sancho
    Applejack
    Funk
    Rocker

Oregon
    SoCalPat

ASU
    Scratch
    Redastheycome

UW
    Husky Free Northwest
    OrangeUte

UCLA
    Mormon Red Death

Cal
    Sully

USC
    Chrisenrut
    Scorcho
    AnywhereButByu
    Hostile
    LaUte
    Utopia

Washington St
    Eldiente

There are a lot of posters still out there that have not made a pick. T minus 2 days...

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Utah fan rooting guide: Go USU, UW, Utah, UNLV, TTech, Boise St, SDSU, and Oregon.
    Devildog was right, you make no sense.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I'm picking Oregon. I accept any ridicule for not picking Utah, I would rather save the Utes for a later week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I'm picking Oregon. I accept any ridicule for not picking Utah, I would rather save the Utes for a later week.
    I hereby change my week 2 pick to USC. I finally looked at the schedules more than a week out, and realized I need to save Oregon for a future week.