Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: 2019 Basketball Recruiting Thread

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Right, but this is a whole new level of mailing it in.
    https://247sports.com/college/byu/Se...tball/Commits/
    Good point. When Rose shows up to a game in sweats and lays down on the floor and eats Cheetos we'll know. I give this a 90% chance of happening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    According to Hanno, this guy just committed to Utah

    Mikael Jantunen already a starter on the Finnish national team


    https://eurospects.com/?page_id=6144
    Last edited by concerned; 10-08-2018 at 03:03 PM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    According to Hanno, this guy just committed to Utah

    Mikael Jantunen already a starter on the Finnish national team


    https://eurospects.com/?page_id=6144
    How do you say "BOOM" in Finnish?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    How do you say "BOOM" in Finnish?
    Bm?
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

  5. #65
    Now overcommitted by 2 for the class of 2019. The staff is learning from prior years and overbooking.........I like it, though it leaves the roster somewhat imbalanced towards bigs and my way too early guesses on transfers out.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Now overcommitted by 2 for the class of 2019. The staff is learning from prior years and overbooking.........I like it, though it leaves the roster somewhat imbalanced towards bigs and my way too early guesses on transfers out.
    Off the top of my head we are losing Barefield, Topolovic and Van Dyke. That is three spots for the three commits. Am I missing something?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Off the top of my head we are losing Barefield, Topolovic and Van Dyke. That is three spots for the three commits. Am I missing something?
    Branden Carlson and Jaxon Brenchley (2017 commits) are returning from missions.

  8. #68
    2019-2020 roster as of now:

    Bigs:
    Johnson
    Van Komen
    Carlson
    Battin
    Thioune
    Jantunen
    Tillman

    Wings/Points:
    Jones
    Jones
    Gaskin
    Popoola
    Gach
    Hendrix
    Allen
    Brenchley

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    2019-2020 roster as of now:

    Bigs:
    Johnson
    Van Komen
    Carlson
    Battin
    Thioune
    Jantunen
    Tillman

    Wings/Points:
    Jones
    Jones
    Gaskin
    Popoola
    Gach
    Hendrix
    Allen
    Brenchley
    So at least 2 of those guys will be gone. I would guess one will be Popoola, but I have a hard time seeing who will be the other. Probably someone (or multiple someones) will get buried and see the writing on the wall because they are buried behind people in their own class or a younger class. However, I have no idea whatsoever who that will be. Really hard to project that.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So at least 2 of those guys will be gone. I would guess one will be Popoola, but I have a hard time seeing who will be the other. Probably someone (or multiple someones) will get buried and see the writing on the wall because they are buried behind people in their own class or a younger class. However, I have no idea whatsoever who that will be. Really hard to project that.

    Yeah, there definitely will not be enough minutes to go around. One besides Popoola will leave, but more than that will be unhappy.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    2019-2020 roster as of now:

    Bigs:
    Johnson
    Van Komen
    Carlson
    Battin
    Thioune
    Jantunen
    Tillman

    Wings/Points:
    Jones
    Jones
    Gaskin
    Popoola
    Gach
    Hendrix
    Allen
    Brenchley
    Another thing to note, the makeup of those 15 players is 2 seniors, 2 juniors (including Popoola, so draw your own conclusions there), 6 sophomores (depending on possible redshirts this year), and 5 freshmen. Crazy young team, it's going to be fascinating to see how these guys shake out.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So at least 2 of those guys will be gone. I would guess one will be Popoola, but I have a hard time seeing who will be the other. Probably someone (or multiple someones) will get buried and see the writing on the wall because they are buried behind people in their own class or a younger class. However, I have no idea whatsoever who that will be. Really hard to project that.
    I don't think it is unreasonable to think that at least one of these young guns blossoms early and heads to the NBA next year.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Branden Carlson and Jaxon Brenchley (2017 commits) are returning from missions.
    Does anyone know when Carlson and Benchley left on their missions. Depending on the timing, I guess it is possible one or both could get bumped to 2020. I hope LK does not do anything that will discourage them from joining the program. That is a bad look.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Does anyone know when Carlson and Benchley left on their missions. Depending on the timing, I guess it is possible one or both could get bumped to 2020. I hope LK does not do anything that will discourage them from joining the program. That is a bad look.
    Looking through the old twitter machine, Brenchley seems to have left June 14, 2017 and Carlson the following week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •