Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trojan War - Utah vs. USC 2016

One more year where I wish we had a passing game. Sigh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I didn't expect us to win. My concern is 3 TOs and 10 points and losing.
    Well you thought wrong. Fighting is always a mental affair. The Utes are not going to stop. We are going to beat USC... and that is going to make all the difference in the South.

I blame SoCalPat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Crowd not looking fantastic. Lots of open spots.

People want to know why we don't expand? This is why. Imagine another 10,000 empty seats.

Trojan War - Utah vs. USC 2016

If Darnold has any time at all to throw his receivers will get open, period. So getting some pressure on him with 4 rushing will be key. If we can keep rotating the DL maybe the USC OL will tire.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-23-2016 at 11:43 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Well, we just figured out why the defensive line is struggling so much.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

We are getting exposed, doggonit.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

What in the every loving fuck was that shit. Ju Ju fucking pushing off on his head and that is defensive PI. Bull fucking shit.

Without Lowell, I don't think we have a shot.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

If we want any chance of winning this game, we are going to have to get a TD here. If we don't, it is over for sure.
    --fjm.com

hell yeah!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

USC hasn't even had to punt in this game. Ouch.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Amazing. Now, for that punt.
    I'd take a turnover. Just saying.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    USC hasn't even had to punt in this game. Ouch.
    And... they punt.

Yeah, not a big fan of going deep on 1st and 2nd.
    --fjm.com

We have a QB. We have a game where the offense might win us this game. Tim Patrick is legit.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Lets go O... pick up the first down and keep this going.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Time out means we're going on fourth if needed.
    Yeah, at this point you have to. The defense has sucked today. We can't rely on them to win this thing for us. We have to rely on the offense. As a Ute fan, that is a scary proposition. I'm somewhat optimistic we can win this thing.
    --fjm.com

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You guys have killed them on the slant route all night, I never understand coaches. Why are the in love with the go route now?

Bolles may be one of the worst players ever offered by Bama. I don't think we have to worry about him going pro after this season. Just saying.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Well... Hell Yes

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    You guys have killed them on the slant route all night, I never understand coaches. Why are the in love with the go route now?
    I agree with HFN. Slant, slant, slant. Oh and than more slant route. Do what works.
    --fjm.com

Why get cute there?!?!

Slant route!!!!
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Damn... That is how battles are won right there.

Banned
    Hell yes utah!

damn, what a fucking game. down 24-10 and 27-17. Ballsy in the 4th quarter, and ice water running in TWill's veins on that TD throw.

Our offense won us a game. When was the last time that happened?

Our defense struggled. We need Lowell back and bad.

Williams is a good QB. I'm really excited to have him in the program for another year.

I think we are starting to see why NFL scouts have been asking about Tim Patrick.

devildog, I bow down to you. You were right. If I ever meet you, I will buy you a beer of a Jameson.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Our offense won us a game. When was the last time that happened?

Our defense struggled. We need Lowell back and bad.

Williams is a good QB. I'm really excited to have him in the program for another year.

I think we are starting to see why NFL scouts have been asking about Tim Patrick.

devildog, I bow down to you. You were right. If I ever meet you, I will buy you a beer of a Jameson.
    I am so fawking happy Funk, I wish you and I could throw down some whiskey's brother.

What a fun win! Those last drives were just tasty.