Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

2016 Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

Time for this thread to get going.

Utah picked up a commit from 3 Star OT Tucker Scott, from San Clemente in California. He is the son of former Utah O-lineman Lance Scott. He currently shows other offers from BYU, Nevada, and USU.

This brings Utah's Class up to 5 Commits for the 2016 season:

Mica Croom, DB, La Mirada - CA, 3 Stars
    Kahi Neves, QB, Salt Lake City - UT, 3 Stars
    Tucker Scott, OT, San Clemente - CA, 3 Stars
    Kurtis Taufa, LB, Ephraim - UT, 2 Stars
    Mitch Wishnowsky, K, Santa Barbara - CA, 0 Stars
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 03-03-2016 at 06:02 AM.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Lance Scott was a year behind me in school. Now I feel old.

Twitter is reporting that Jordan Fogal has committed to Utah. DB out of CA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Fogal-128194

Utes pick up two commitments from their camp in California:

Daevon Vigilant, a 3 star athlete out of California, shows offers from Army, CU, Michigan, Navy, WSU and the Mountain West.

Davir Hamilton, a 3 star athlete out of California, shows offers from UCLA, WSU, CU, Illinois, and some MWC schools.

I suspect we won't keep these guys without a tussle, but nice gets anyway.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Picked up a commitment from DT Brian Fangupo, a JC kid. 6'1 290, does not have a rivals star rating right now. Committed to Hawaii out of HS: http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofuspor...itment-from-62

Jay Griffin IV, WR from Texas commits. He currently has one other offer, UCF.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Jay Griffin IV, WR from Texas commits. He currently has one other offer, UCF.
    Yes. Stockpile WRs. The more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yes! All my hesitations about ARod would be erased if we trotted out a two tight end set in a non goal line situation this year. We have so many decent TEs in our natural recruiting pool and almost exclusively play undersized defenses in conference- it's a natural mismatch. I'm not talking about a Stanfordesque pro style two TE set, but more like how Chip Kelly has incorporated multiple TE sets in spread concepts with the Eagles.

Devontae Henry-Cole, RB out of Florida. His teammates are Crisrow and Hart. Had offers from a lot of schools out east. Listed on rivals as a 2 star probably due to size. He's 5'7.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Julian Blackmon, 6'1 WR/CB out of Layton commits to the Utes: http://sports.yahoo.com/utah/footbal...lackmon-181014

Sounds like they've offered him as a corner.

Had offers from Idaho, Weber, and SUU, with interest from BYU, UCLA, USU, and Missouri (how much? I have no idea...I just read the profiles folks).

Julian Blackmon, 6'1 WR/CB out of Layton commits to the Utes: http://sports.yahoo.com/utah/footbal...lackmon-181014

Had offers from Idaho, Weber, and SUU, with interest from BYU, UCLA, USU, and Missouri (how much? I have no idea...I just read the profiles folks).
    FWIW the posters at UteZone are pretty excited about him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I haven't seen him play football but I have seen him on the hardwood a couple of times. Great athlete, I thought he was also good enough to play in some lower level basketball conferences like the Big Sky or the WCC.

Utes pick up a commitment from Rivals 4 Star Handsome Tanielu, DT from Snow College: http://sports.yahoo.com/utah/footbal...Tanielu-173701

Had a ton of offers from P5 schools. Seems like a real nice get. Also, jumps right to the front of the line for best name on the team. Sorry Joseph Smith, you're out.

2016 Recruiting Discussion Thread

Garett Bolles puts Utah in his top 7.

Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 07-28-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Handsome, Boobie, Bubba, Star, Shaky, Jiggy, Ticky, Poeltl... We've had a lot of great names come through athletics over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Handsome, Boobie, Bubba, Star, Shaky, Jiggy, Ticky, Poeltl... We've had a lot of great names come through athletics over the years.
    Missed Tarzan by "that" much...

3 star Florida WR Demari Simpkins.

More possible today...

Last edited by DrumNFeather; 08-02-2015 at 10:58 AM.

His teammate, QB Tyler Huntley committed as well.

3 star Florida WR Demari Simpkins.

More possible today...

Are we sure he committed to us?

His teammate, QB Tyler Huntley committed as well.
    I'm excited about this pair. Two positions that we always need.

Someone want to do a power ranking of top five whittingham hires? Where is Erickson?

Someone want to do a power ranking of top five whittingham hires? Where is Erickson?
    1. Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by drumnfeather View Post
    1. Erickson

2. Cronies.
    fify

I really want to be excited about Tyler Huntley, but his underwhelming list of offers and the history of recruiting the QB under Kyle Whittingham and I can't get excited.

The only possible way that I'm excited is that Erickson recruited him over the strenuous objections of Kyle Whittingham and ARod.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I really want to be excited about Tyler Huntley, but his underwhelming list of offers and the history of recruiting the QB under Kyle Whittingham and I can't get excited.

The only possible way that I'm excited is that Erickson recruited him over the strenuous objections of Kyle Whittingham and ARod.
    I thought that he had a handful of good offers. I liked his tape.

Wrong spot

Wr Alec Dana. JC kid who is a December graduate I believe.

Is it against the rules to have some smart MUSS kid do an exchange semester to shadow a juco and make sure he qualifies?

Reportedly a 4-star kid coming out of high school. Ran a 10.83 100 in high school even though he didn't train for track, just showed up and ran. 6'3" tall. Sounds good.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Reportedly a 4-star kid coming out of high school. Ran a 10.83 100 in high school even though he didn't train for track, just showed up and ran. 6'3" tall. Sounds good.
    Too good.