Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Utah vs. Arizona 2016

One of the more entertaining vines from last night. In hindsight, of course. https://twitter.com/utahmanpodcast/s...60485528186880

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. I love the passion.

I think every head coach in CFB is a huge asshole and difficult to work for. Lone exception is probably Bill Snyder. Everybody loves that guy.

For your viewing enjoyment -- the Chase Hansen bone-rattling hit, along with Marcus's heads-up pick:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    For your viewing enjoyment -- the Chase Hansen bone-rattling hit, along with Marcus's heads-up pick:

I'm so glad that the officials got that right.
    The AZ receiver pops up pretty quickly - which is a tribute to him, but also a reminder that big hits don't necessarily need to be overly dangerous ones. A targeting-style helmet hit could've really done some damage to both players.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Too bad Chase Hansen isn't playing qb. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I'm so glad that the officials got that right.
    The AZ receiver pops up pretty quickly - which is a tribute to him, but also a reminder that big hits don't necessarily need to be overly dangerous ones. A targeting-style helmet hit could've really done some damage to both players.
    Chase said post-game that he made the tackle just the way Scalley has taught the Ute players to tackle - using the shoulder. That made me proud.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

No question Sancho. That touchdown pass he threw was a perfect throw. I thought our coverage was pretty good on the play. And we all witnessed his running abilities - speed and power. I will say that I'm grateful that it seems we have quarterbacks that will give them fits as well. Williams and Huntley are doing, and going to do, good things for the Utes.

I also thought the tweak Scalley made to the defense worked better this year against the run. He essentially brought the strong safety up to linebacker and we went with a lot of three/three and four/three looks (to my eyes). I thought after the first couple of drives we pretty much controlled their running game. They passed much better against us than I thought they would. Always something to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    No question Sancho. That touchdown pass he threw was a perfect throw. I thought our coverage was pretty good on the play. And we all witnessed his running abilities - speed and power. I will say that I'm grateful that it seems we have quarterbacks that will give them fits as well. Williams and Huntley are doing, and going to do, good things for the Utes.

I also thought the tweak Scalley made to the defense worked better this year against the run. He essentially brought the strong safety up to linebacker and we went with a lot of three/three and four/three looks (to my eyes). I thought after the first couple of drives we pretty much controlled their running game. They passed much better against us than I thought they would. Always something to work on.
    Scalley's game plan vs Arizona was amazing. He completely changed the defense to a 3-4/3-3-5 hybrid. We ran three down linemen on most 1st and 2nd downs. It gave us the speed to spread the field with Arizona.

Also, Chase Hansen is incredible. He makes a lot of that possible.