Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beat the Beavers, injuries be dammed.

Beat the Beavers, injuries be dammed.

Lets get the game discussion out of Sully's prediction thread.

The rodents should be pretty confident, coming off their win. Hopefully we can deflate them a bit.

4 out of our last 6 games are on the road, and this game is our best chance for a road win in conference.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Lets get the game discussion out of Sully's prediction thread.

The rodents should be pretty confident, coming off their win. Hopefully we can deflate them a bit.

4 out of our last 6 games are on the road, and this game is our best chance for a road win in conference.
    Speaking of injuries, Nall (OSU's RB) is questionable for Staurday. I think it's only fair that they sit their starter since we are trotting out our sixth string RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Speaking of injuries, Nall (OSU's RB) is questionable for Staurday. I think it's only fair that they sit their starter since we are trotting out our sixth string RB.
    Or our first string RB if Williams plays.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Or our first string RB if Williams plays.....

It's shaping up like those bank-robber movies where the veteran has retired / is about to retire, but comes back for one more big job...
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    It's shaping up like those bank-robber movies where the veteran has retired / is about to retire, but comes back for one more big job...
    And then they make 5 more sequels....

Diehard on Die Hard. Poetic.

Well, yeah - the REALLY big job would have to be the Rose Bowl. The screenplay can't work without a trip to the Rose Bowl.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Sounds like Handley expects to be out a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Sounds like Handley expects to be out a couple weeks.

I remember seeing him take a couple of big or awkward hits during the Az game. One in the back of the end one where he stayed down for a minute.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I remember seeing him take a couple of big or awkward hits during the Az game. One in the back of the end one where he stayed down for a minute.
    He went to the locker room after Shyne was injured. Never retuned.

This look is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    This look is awesome.
    It's a matter of taste, but that may be my least favorite combo. It's probably the white shoes under the black leggings that I like the least.

I put this in the prediction thread, but I'll be thrilled with a 30 point effort here. I think we're looking at something more likely in the 20s, with Whit grabbing a lead and holding on for dear life.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I wanna see this dynamic play out where Joe comes back, to help his team.

He was a stand up guy in how he left, he had his reasons, and probably a hot fiancé to help bend his thinking toward the future. Now his old teammates need him.

Joe - just go for it, man. Wreckless abandon. What are the chances we'll have 7 injured RBs?

Play hard, protect the rock like it's the fiancé's ring, you just might end up in the Rose Bowl, and THEN you can retire.

Hell of a story for the kids and grandkids.

We're gonna get OSU's best shot in this game, because if they win, being bowl eligible definitely comes into play. It helps that they have the weakest closing stretch of any team in the league -- hosting Arizona and Oregon to close out the season. They beat the team that beat Utah, and they're playing at home. Yes, OSU will be confident and sky high for this one. Gotta get on them early.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Gotta get on them early.
    Not exactly our strength this year.

The game time forecast calls for a lot of rain (upwards of an inch/hr), with 20mph winds gusting up to 60 mph. This game will be absolutely miserable.

Needless to say we won't see much in the way of a passing game from either side.

No false starts, no fumbles, contain on defense, and we will road grade them.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    The game time forecast calls for a lot of rain (upwards of an inch/hr), with 20mph winds gusting up to 60 mph. This game will be absolutely miserable.

Needless to say we won't see much in the way of a passing game from either side.

No false starts, no fumbles, contain on defense, and we will road grade them.
    Yeah, I just saw this. The remnants of a typhoon hitting the PNW on this weekend. Not good.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/us/pac...orm/index.html

Super Typhoon. This is a very strong storm.

UW is lucky to have a bye this week.

I'd say line up under center, and run, run, run.

Hell, put B-B under C and just run dives with the option to pull and run off tackle all game.

Just kidding on the last part. Sort of.

This is a game that a healthy Shyne/Moss go for 300 yards. Too bad.

Our game MVP will be Wishnowsky. His punting will force OSU to go 80+ on most drives.

"Joe Williams takes the field..."

via GIPHY

Although still less than ideal for a crippled run game, conditions seem a tad better than the Armageddon predictions a few days ago.

Moss apparently traveled but Goon says he hasn't seen him during warmups.

That leaves us with Williams, Manalo and Henry-Cole (which would mean pulling his redshirt)

Yay! No white shoes. Uni's look pretty sharp.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 10-15-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Has Fulks caught that swing pass yet this year?

Well, I thought we'd be more conservative given the conditions.

This team just can't avoid shooting themselves in the foot

This team just can't avoid shooting themselves in the foot

Utah turnovers are the one way that Oregon State will stay in this game.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

That has to feel good for Joe Williams.

Tim Patrick was in on that last series.