Thread: I've got 99 cap problems, but the Mullet ain't 1: 2016-17 NHL Thread

Hybrid View

The Demigod scores his 500th career goal. It is amazing to me that there are people that argue that Hossa isn't a HOFer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Ive got 99 cap problems but the Mullet aint 1 2016 17 NHL Thread

do you think it could be so simpleii as when it got rear ended that they had to replace some of the rear suspension and the preload didnt get set right? Lee

Alright, it is time to start hyping the Blackhawks Stanley Cup prospects. December and January were ugly, but the Blackhawks seem to be hitting their stride in February. The young players are showing promise and I'm starting to feel confidence that we can make a run with them. Schmaltz and Hartman have been great. Toews is playing like Toews again and that makes a huge difference.

The team has survived the inevitable cool down from the Demi-God. He has settled in nicely as a 3rd/4th liner. We have been able back off the nuclear option of Toew-Kane on the same line.

It is looking good for a cap run.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    It is looking good for a cap run.
    Yes, indeed, the Caps look strong. Looking forward to a 4-0 sweep of the Hawks in the Cup finals.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    Yes, indeed, the Caps look strong. Looking forward to a 4-0 sweep of the Hawks in the Cup finals.
    They are possessing the puck well this year, a metric I know Funk cares about.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    They are possessing the puck well this year, a metric I know Funk cares about.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    If by cares a lot you mean it is the metric that has shown to predict success and has been how the Blackhawks built our dynasty, yes I care a lot.

The Caps problem traditionally has been they are a bad possession team.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The Caps problem traditionally has been they are a bad possession team.
    Well, I wouldn't say "bad", just not elite. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe their CORSI was about 13-15, somewhere in there. The addition of Eller has really changed that.