Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knock the Quack Out of 'Em! Utah vs. Oregon 2016

Knock the Quack Out of 'Em! Utah vs. Oregon 2016

While the rest of the Pac 12 is yet to play in week 11, Utah is firmly moving on to the Oregon Ducks. We'll get a pretty good view of how to play them as they take on Stanford this weekend i a win or don't go bowling game at home vs. Stanford who is already bowl eligible (Viva...Las Vegas!).

I'm starting this thread now mostly because I want to talk about potential game times...which will not be announced until Sunday.

ASU @ Washington is already slotted for the Fox Prime time spot (they'd better hope they win this weekend).

Here are the other games next week:

USC/UCLA

CU/WSU

Cal/Stanford

Arizona/Oregon St. (gag)

ESPN and Fox Sports 1 will both get late night choices and I suspect the rest will go to the Pac 12 network. I think the network takes advantage of the big name teams being bad and we see a triple header:

USC/UCLA - 2:00 PM

Cal/Stanford - 5:30 PM

Arizona/Oregon St - 10:00 PM

I don't know how the TV times work on Pac 12 Networks...but that's just my guess.

I think WSU @ CU goes on ESPN (10:30 PM) and the Utes and Ducks go on FS1 (10:00 PM), both late night games (eastern).
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Can't get complacent, every team is dangerous, but I like our chances in this game. And I will be there in person, so it will be even more exciting!

Looks like the Ducks will be coming to Salt lake city with 7 losses unless something changes dramatically in the second half.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I think Utah broke Oregon last year.

Before that game they were 38 - 6 since 2012. Since that game they're 10 - 8. And of those 10 wins, one was UC Davis and two were ASU.

"It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so"
    - Will Rogers

"Cyberspace is - or can be - a good, friendly and egalitarian place to meet. "

- Douglas Adams

Game time is high noon MST

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Bad links don't make me smile.

A graphic of all the seniors that will be playing in their last game at RES on Saturday.

Also, it looks like they plan on doing something to recognize Gaius Vaenuku who would have been a senior this year. 😢😢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of defense/secondary up there.

Also, how many games has Dominguez won for us? He may be the most important player we are losing up there. Not a bad snap for 4 years.

Here's to him playing for 25 years in the NFL and making $800K per year.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd wish you guys luck, but it isn't needed. Enjoy a second blowout in a row against Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I'd wish you guys luck, but it isn't needed. Enjoy a second blowout in a row against Oregon.
    Stop it. This a classic trap game.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    You haven't seen Oregon's defense I guess. Even if I thought the Frosh QB could get the offense rolling and put 35 on a very good Utah defense, which I don't, the Oregon D will give up a minimum of 42.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    You haven't seen Oregon's defense I guess. Even if I thought the Frosh QB could get the offense rolling and put 35 on a very good Utah defense, which I don't, the Oregon D will give up a minimum of 42.
    We lost to Cal. Cal and Oregon went to OT against each other. SU is right - this is a classic trap game. Everyone is focused on Colorado.

This is less of a trap game than ASU.

If we lose to Oregon then we suck, plain and simple. Oregon is that bad. We are so much better than they are. Plus, they just lost bowl eligibility, they are about to lose their coach.

This is the definition of a team that is dead and buried.

I doubt their players even watch much film this week. They should be more focused on ladies and not getting hurt than beating Utah.

If this is a trap game with so many seniors on senior day, last home game, then something is seriously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    If this is a trap game with so many seniors on senior day, last home game, then something is seriously wrong.
    The Ghost of Colorado, 2011, hangs over all such games.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The Ghost of Colorado, 2011, hangs over all such games.
    The ghost of 2011 should hang over next week's game not this week. However, as Kragthorpe pointed out this afternoon, Utah has lost its 11th game of the season the last four years often ruining its season

The ghost of 2011 should hang over next week's game not this week. However, as Kragthorpe pointed out this afternoon, Utah has lost its 11th game of the season the last four years often ruining its season
    That's partly what I am talking about. Think back to 2011. Final home game against inferior competition. We are favored. Senior Day. An enticing game after this one to distract the Utes (then it was the championship game; this time it's CU. And...LA Ute will be present in the stands. Makes me nervous.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

That's partly what I am talking about. Think back to 2011. Final home game against inferior competition. We are favored. Senior Day. An enticing game after this one to distract the Utes (then it was the championship game; this time it's CU. And...LA Ute will be present in the stands. Makes me nervous.
    We were a bad MWC team talent wise in that 2011 game. There is no comparison between then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    We were a bad MWC team talent wise in that 2011 game. There is no comparison between then and now.
    That's not really what I'm talking about. I am talking about historical patterns. The Utes are 10-10 in the month of November during their time in the PAC 12. I am hoping that this year will be the year we get that monkey off our back's.

--Yeats

That's not really what I'm talking about. I am talking about historical patterns. The Utes are 10-10 in the month of November during their time in the PAC 12. I am hoping that this year will be the year we get that monkey off our back's.

Hopefully we can get the erroneous apostrophes off our backs first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Hopefully we can get the erroneous apostrophes off our backs first.

I blame auto-complete. Its a pain how that work's sometime's.

--Yeats

No doubt. Anyone that thinks Oregon is done needs to check the recruiting rankings for the past 4 years. This Oregon team is down, but they still have more talent than us.

One interesting subplot to this game is the return to SLC of Pharaoh Brown. If I'm not mistaken, he missed the entire season last year off of what happened to him here in SLC two years ago (the body bag game that witnessed what? 3-4 knee injuries?). The aftermath was pretty impressive on the part of the U and Kyle, going to see him in the hospital etc. I remember the Oregon folks made a point to the broadcasters of the next game of how great the U was in handling that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    One interesting subplot to this game is the return to SLC of Pharaoh Brown. If I'm not mistaken, he missed the entire season last year off of what happened to him here in SLC two years ago (the body bag game that witnessed what? 3-4 knee injuries?). The aftermath was pretty impressive on the part of the U and Kyle, going to see him in the hospital etc. I remember the Oregon folks made a point to the broadcasters of the next game of how great the U was in handling that situation.
    Pharoh Brown and Tim Patrick both broke their legs in that game, IIRC.

Knock the Quack Out of 'Em! Utah vs. Oregon 2016

The question that HFNW might answer is are the Oregon players avoiding eye contact with Helfrich in the hallway or defending him from chopping block discussions? If it is the latter this is definitely a trap game, if it is the former we should roll easily.

Pharoh Brown and Tim Patrick both broke their legs in that game, IIRC.
    I think both teams also lost an O-lineman (I want to say a guard) and maybe even a DL.

Prediction: we run a fake punt in this game, partially to shore up our chances at another Guy award.

More proof that if we don't turn the ball over, this will be easier than ASU.

Oregon has quit already.

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/f...tball.html.csp

Once "big time" kids start losing for the first time in their lives, they usually fold pretty quick.

Utah wins this easily. BUT, we do what we usually do. ARod forgets how to call a game early, we are down 7-10 after 1, we win by 17+.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    More proof that if we don't turn the ball over, this will be easier than ASU.

Oregon has quit already.

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/f...tball.html.csp

Once "big time" kids start losing for the first time in their lives, they usually fold pretty quick.

Utah wins this easily. BUT, we do what we usually do. ARod forgets how to call a game early, we are down 7-10 after 1, we win by 17+.
    I listened to the Bill Reilly interview with the Oregon insider, and he basically said that nobody inside that program believes in Helfrech, and that if we blow 'em out (again) that may be it for him.