Thread: WhoAmISir - Howdy!

WhoAmISir - Howdy!

How did youpick your Moniker?

Started back in ’04-’05. Urban had transitionedto Florida and I was lurking on a Gator site and some of the good old boysthere just didn’t realize what a coach they had just landed. I remember NY8er and Swampgator going backand forth about was Urban good or not. Theythought they would be lucky to win 6 games that coming year. Had to reply to that one and came up with WhoAmISirand posted responses to their lamenting’s. Those boys didn’t know whether I was “for ‘em or again ‘em”. The handle has been mine since then.

How did you discover UB5?

Saw the site mentioned on UF.N, and decided to come and say hello.

How many states/countries have you lived in?

2 – States Washington and Utah

What are your Sports Loyalties?

The Utes.

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?

When I walked on the field for the State Class 3 finals – 4 yearsstraight. Loved that stadium ever since.

What do you currently do for a living?

I’m and IT Executive on the Operations and Business side of things. Currently in transition.

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?​

A gentile born in the land of Zion. Icome here for Ute sports info and insights.

Welcome WhoAmISir!

We're always glad to include anyone who can improve our nerd/lawyer ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmISir View Post
    How did youpick your Moniker?

Started back in ’04-’05. Urban had transitionedto Florida and I was lurking on a Gator site and some of the good old boysthere just didn’t realize what a coach they had just landed. I remember NY8er and Swampgator going backand forth about was Urban good or not. Theythought they would be lucky to win 6 games that coming year. Had to reply to that one and came up with WhoAmISirand posted responses to their lamenting’s. Those boys didn’t know whether I was “for ‘em or again ‘em”. The handle has been mine since then.

How did you discover UB5?

Saw the site mentioned on UF.N, and decided to come and say hello.

How many states/countries have you lived in?

2 – States Washington and Utah

What are your Sports Loyalties?

The Utes.

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?

When I walked on the field for the State Class 3 finals – 4 yearsstraight. Loved that stadium ever since.

What do you currently do for a living?

I’m and IT Executive on the Operations and Business side of things. Currently in transition.

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?​

A gentile born in the land of Zion. Icome here for Ute sports info and insights.
    Welcome! We are glad you are here and look forward to talking about Ute stuff with you (and movies, and IT, and books, and food, or whatever interests you).

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

A hearty welcome to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Welcome! We are glad you are here and look forward to talking about Ute stuff with you (and movies, and IT, and books, and food, or whatever interests you).
    We should start serving food. I'm hungry.

And welcome to the board WhoAmI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoAmISir - Howdy!

I agree with LA. Hopefully we can get some pizza recipes for those of us whose credit limits don't allow us to shop at Whole Foods.

Welcome to the group and don't be shy to put us in our place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I agree with LA. Hopefully we can get some pizza recipes for those of us whose credit limits don't allow us to shop at Whole Foods.

Welcome to the group and don't be shy to put us in our place.
    If it helps, I don't like Whole Foods so the pizza dough is the only thing I buy there. It's good, and much easier than making the dough from scratch.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

If it helps, I don't like Whole Foods so the pizza dough is the only thing I buy there. It's good, and much easier than making the dough from scratch.
    I wonder how it compares to the Trader Joe's pizza dough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I wonder how it compares to the Trader Joe's pizza dough?
    I'll try it. Unlike Whole Foods, Trader Joe's is not borderline insufferable.

--Yeats