Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North by Northwest: Utes vs. WSU/UW Road Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Fortunately, this is the insanely long road trip, and Collette can hopefully get to Seattle, because Dime and the UW front line will be a challenge.
    I believe Dime is out with an injury of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    This seems like a slightly higher probability inbounds play than a fade away three. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An inbounds play!

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    I believe Dime is out with an injury of some sort.
    I saw that Dime had a finger or hand injury, and sat out a game, then he came back with a splint/wrap on his hand for the next game. He's not an all-PAC kind of player (IMO), but he's long, very quick off his feet, could present problems. Similar to Metu of USC, maybe a little more bounce, but not as good of shooter (especially with a hand splint).

Maybe Dime has another injury now.

Their freshman 2/3 Fultz is a one-and-gone kind of talent, ala Marquise Chriss (now of the Suns). Fultz leads the PAC in scoring.

UW beats Colorado in overtime...I'm hoping that, much like ASU, they spent all their emotional capital on winning that game.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Dime broke his finger, tried to play through it, but determined it too painful. He'll be out another 3-4 weeks from now. It's a big loss for the Huskies. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/u...iss-4-5-weeks/

I saw that Dime had a finger or hand injury, and sat out a game, then he came back with a splint/wrap on his hand for the next game. He's not an all-PAC kind of player (IMO), but he's long, very quick off his feet, could present problems. Similar to Metu of USC, maybe a little more bounce, but not as good of shooter (especially with a hand splint).

Their freshman 2/3 Fultz is a one-and-gone kind of talent, ala Marquise Chriss (now of the Suns). Fultz leads the PAC in scoring.

Washington's a bit of a scary team, IMO. They are very poorly coached, but are MUCH more talented than their record. Fultz is a top-3 pick in the draft, but guys like Crisp, Thybulle and Dickerson are decent players. I really hope we have Collette for this one.

FWIW, here are how the Pac-12 teams are currently ranked in KenPom:

UCLA 12
    Arizona 17
    Oregon 21
    Utah 41 (moved up 10 spots after last night)
    Cal 50
    USC 56
    CU 78
    Stanford 109
    ASU 123
    UW 124
    Wazzu 221
    OSU 272

KenPom projects an 84-79 Utah win on Saturday.

This seems like a slightly higher probability inbounds play than a fade away three. Just saying.

Tough to compare situations where one team UCLA took away the first and second options and one where the other team does not know the word defense. I do agree with Larry's assessment that Kuzma should have driven the ball to the rim instead of taking that three. Three's like that are what you get when players do not execute what a coach asks them to do.

It turned out that Dime suffered a broken finger in the collision with Fultz. As a result, he will miss between four and five weeks of action.

Also, Dime became a US citizen yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Tough to compare situations where one team UCLA took away the first and second options and one where the other team does not know the word defense. I do agree with Larry's assessment that Kuzma should have driven the ball to the rim instead of taking that three. Three's like that are what you get when players do not execute what a coach asks them to do.
    For the record, my comment was 97% in jest. Clearly the situations were quite different from each other.

It looks like Kuzma's defender was appreciating it too as he stood there in awe. He even points it out saying "Hey! Watch this dunk!"

Any update on Collette?

on the twitter last night they said it was up to the medical staff, but he was still in SLC last night.

I think that means no

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    on the twitter last night they said it was up to the medical staff, but he was still in SLC last night.

I think that means no
    It's likely no but Krysko said if he was cleared this morning they'd fly him in.

Am I missing something? I think the score is wrong. They did not give us the bucket for goal-tending on Jayce's board.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    The score is wrong. They did not give us the bucket for goal-tending on Jayce's board.
    I think they called goaltending on ​Jayce.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

53 points in the first half! Fun team to watch.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I think they called goaltending on ​Jayce.
    Oh,they called it on Jayce.

McLean not even trying to hide his bias for Washington. He hopes Washington will get some stops to come back. He wants Fultz to take over the game. He thinks utah's points in the paint is "ungodly".

The color guy sounds like he might cry. For sure he's wearing a Markelle Fultz autographed purple tie tonight.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

McLean not even trying to hide his bias for Washington. He hopes Washington will get some stops to come back. He wants Fultz to take over the game. He thinks utah's points in the paint is "ungodly".
    He's just pissed UCLA lost.

This is our best offensive team since when? Andre Miller's era?

We are definitely the Running Utes this year. Just think what if we could shoot free throws.

Per Reily before that. First time since '93-94 that Utah has scored 80+ in 5 straight.

Devon Daniels.

One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Per Goon an usher looked at Devon and said "you're 18? I was hoping you were a senior"

I was stuck at the airport and missed the game. Pretty encouraging to come home to this score.

this team is so balanced and Devon Daniels is a blessing from the god of roundball Hooplar

This team is playing so much better than I ever thought it would. I figured them for 8-10 in the conference.

The freshman class in the PAC-12 this year is an embarrassment of riches. Daniels isn't on the same level of talent as Ball, Markannen, or Fultz. But he damn well better get a good, hard look at the All Freshman team this year.