Thread: Red Rocks 2017

Red Rocks 2017

Utah's third meet was tonight with a season high attendance of 15,105 and a season high score of 197.625

The team lost Sabrina Schwab to a torn ACL in practice this week but didn't miss a beat.

MyKayla Skinner continues to dominate. 39.775 in the All Around, she's probably the most talented gymnast to ever compete at Utah, and I don't say that lightly. She's showing why she was 4th at US Nationals last year and really should have been on the gold medal team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Utah's third meet was tonight with a season high attendance of 15,105 and a season high score of 197.625

The team lost Sabrina Schwab to a torn ACL in practice this week but didn't miss a beat.

MyKayla Skinner continues to dominate. 39.775 in the All Around, she's probably the most talented gymnast to ever compete at Utah, and I don't say that lightly. She's showing why she was 4th at US Nationals last year and really should have been on the gold medal team.

Skinner was an alternate at Rio, no? She is head and shoulders above everybody else, really a joy to watch. That attendance was really really inflated however.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Skinner was an alternate at Rio, no? She is head and shoulders above everybody else, really a joy to watch. That attendance was really really inflated however.
    There probably are that many people there (they scan the tickets and report that) but a LOT of people wander around during gymnastics.

And Skinner was an alternate. She honestly should have been on the team, but they took two people who finished behind her because they needed bars workers, which is her weakest enemy. She finished 4th at the trials, the ones who made the team were 7th and 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    There probably are that many people there (they scan the tickets and report that) but a LOT of people wander around during gymnastics.

And Skinner was an alternate. She honestly should have been on the team, but they took two people who finished behind her because they needed bars workers, which is her weakest enemy. She finished 4th at the trials, the ones who made the team were 7th and 8th.

Wasnt one of those gabby douglas? I figured they chose her for name i.d. and tv ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Wasnt one of those gabby douglas? I figured they chose her for name i.d. and tv ratings.
    Yeah, one was

And yeah there was certainly some of that going on. Elite gymnastics is a stupid world. The scoring system makes no sense and the politics is ridiculous