Thread: 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    how many bigs do we need?
    Even in this era, I'd say the answer is "as many as we can get." We had plenty of times this season where we were in trouble due to injury/foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Even in this era, I'd say the answer is "as many as we can get." We had plenty of times this season where we were in trouble due to injury/foul trouble.
    Okay, but why this guy? He appears to be redundant to Jayce. He is not a 3-point threat and neither is Jayce. By comparison, Villanova won another championship using exactly one guy 6-9 or better, Omari Spellman. In fact, they don't have any guys bigger than 6-9 on their entire roster.

Okay, but why this guy? He appears to be redundant to Jayce.
    Why this guy? Cuz he's interested. I'm sure we'd prefer the highly regarded PG who just committed to Georgetown.

If he's meant to replace Jayce off the bench, it's good for him to have a similar game.

Villanova won another championship using exactly one guy 6-9 or better...In fact, they don't have any guys bigger than 6-9 on their entire roster.
    How many of the sweet 16 teams had no one taller than 6'9" on the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

If he's meant to replace Jayce off the bench, it's good for him to have a similar game.
    Yeah, maybe 20 years ago that would have been good. Not now.

Yeah, maybe 20 years ago that would have been good. Not now.
    I think you are expecting too much out of April. We had a great recruiting season. If we get anything out of anyone we are about to grab, it's a bonus. To get another Jayce? We'd do cartwheels over that.