Thread: Volcanoes....

Volcanoes....

I've always been rather fascinated by volcanoes. I think of them as a window to see the inner workings of the earth, kind of like when you look at a watch with a clear face and can see how it works.

Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have served my mission in an area with one of the most active volcanoes in the world. When I was in Catania, we had a view of Mt. Etna from the kitchen balcony and each night, we could see little streams of lava glowing in the dark. Well, one of the members of the church in that area - with whom I keep in contact - sent me a photo he took about 4 days ago that showed that Etna is a bit more active right now than it ever was when I was there:

Awesome!

Anyone else as much of a volcano geek as I am?
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Mixing volcanoes and lightning produces some incredible effects..

lightning-volcano3.jpg

Here's some video of that eruption:

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

That's an incredible photo, U-Ute. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post
    That's an incredible photo, U-Ute. Wow!
    I wish I had taken that photo, but I didn't. I've never been that close to a volcano... thankfully...?