Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    One irony is that Utah has one of the top two or three game design programs in the country. But he will always have his Stanford degree,* and like it or not, that means something.

Hey, Stanford has the best "Science, Technology, and Society" program in the nation. No one else is even close. If I needed to hire a "Science, Technology, and Society" major for my office, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Stanford grad.

I love any thread that mocks Stanford. 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Football Recruiting thread

Utes doing work this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Utes doing work this morning.

Huh. Another piece to the Hughes puzzle. Ha ha.

Scratch. That Hurts.

Fire Chris Hill!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Eh. The fact that he didn’t sign in December and his tweets...it was obvious he was looking to upgrade.

That sucks for Utah but this isn’t a surprise.

Also, Hurt was slated to be a safety. I don’t know if that makes anyone feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Eh. The fact that he didn’t sign in December and his tweets...it was obvious he was looking to upgrade.

Do you mean the team or are you referring to yourself in the third person? Hey-oh-

Was he given the opportunity to sign? If he was and he didn't, my guess is that the Utah coaches were nor counting on him.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Was he given the opportunity to sign? If he was and he didn't, my guess is that the Utah coaches were nor counting on him.
    He was supposed to sign then decided last minute to wait and sign in Feb during a party.

Also, UCLA just offered him as well.

I guess good for him but sucks for Utah (that’s for you UtahMrSports, ha ha).

Utah is disappointed but Utah has faith in Kyle’s abilities to find another safety.

He was supposed to sign then decided last minute to wait and sign in Feb during a party.

Utah is disappointed but Utah has faith in Kyle’s abilities to find another safety.
    That’s not true at all.

In an interview he gave at the time he committed he said he wouldn’t sign until February. There wasn’t a last minute change (and his position wasn’t set in stone either)

https://247sports.com/Article/Utah-L...urt--111472015

ive heard this Tuttle kid has the ideal makeup for a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    ive heard this Tuttle kid has the ideal makeup for a safety.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

As expected, Jack Tuttle’s favorite ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ receiver commits to not Utah. Freaking Urban.

3/4 Star (depending on the service) LB Matthew Tago is committing this coming Saturday, with a top 3 of Nebraska, Oregon St. and our beloved Utes. Without doing too much digging, I would say he's a Nebraska lean. He visited us in September and both Oregon St. and Nebraska in January.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    3/4 Star (depending on the service) LB Matthew Tago is committing this coming Saturday, with a top 3 of Nebraska, Oregon St. and our beloved Utes. Without doing too much digging, I would say he's a Nebraska lean. He visited us in September and both Oregon St. and Nebraska in January.
    Visiting Nebraska in January?! That would be a hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    He's not coming to Utah. 0% chance.

According to scout free database, the outstanding Ute recruits are headed:
    Penei Sewell OG. Oregon
    Devin Brumfield RB utah
    Devin Williams WR Oregon
    Solomon Enis WR Penn St.
    Jonny Fanaika LB Utah
    Tyler Manoa DT UCLA
    Jackson Craven's DT Utah
    Tennesse Pututua LB Utah
    Salua Masina LB Cal
    Mathew Tago LB Nebraska

Devin Brumfield will be a huge get at RB. That is great news. Dude is an absolute beast, and will build his speed as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    According to scout free database, the outstanding Ute recruits are headed:
    Penei Sewell OG. Oregon
    Devin Brumfield RB utah
    Devin Williams WR Oregon
    Solomon Enis WR Penn St.
    Jonny Fanaika LB Utah
    Tyler Manoa DT UCLA
    Jackson Craven's DT Utah
    Tennesse Pututua LB Utah
    Salua Masina LB Cal
    Mathew Tago LB Nebraska
    Tago picks Oregon State. :shrug:

Utah stopped recruiting Tago awhile ago.

Tyler Moana, in SLC last weekend, commits to UCLA today.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I like our chances with Enis more than the crystal ball does. A lot has changed at Penn state since a lot of those picks went in.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I like our chances with Enis more than the crystal ball does. A lot has changed at Penn state since a lot of those picks went in.
    Go on...