Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Recruiting thread

Just saw a series of tweets that USC reached out to Tuttle b/c their 5* recruit (Carrol) decommitted and wants to look at Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Tuttle's response was thanks but no thanks, I am fully committed to the U of U. Hot damn.

Crazy, right! Let's hope it sticks. We've got to keep that man happy. So glad he will be in Utah again next week.

Does anyone know a supposed Ute fan who posts as Chris B on twitter and comments on every article in the Trib and Des News involving BYU. He is currently on twitter bashing on BYU and a recruit who is LDS and has offers from Utah, BYU, Washington and most recently Alabama. The recruit ends up telling him to chill and take it somewhere else. What an idiot. Part of me thinks he is Moose or someone similar.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Does anyone know a supposed Ute fan who posts as Chris B on twitter and comments on every article in the Trib and Des News involving BYU. He is currently on twitter bashing on BYU and a recruit who is LDS and has offers from Utah, BYU, Washington and most recently Alabama. The recruit ends up telling him to chill and take it somewhere else. What an idiot. Part of me thinks he is Moose or someone similar.
    It isn't me. I refuse to read the Trib or Desnews, and would rather gouge my eyes out than read, let alone write comments on their articles.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

I am almost 100% sure that that is not moose. He's been doing the same shtick since at least 2009. Moose never lasts a month before revealing himself. Either way, the guy is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It isn't me. I refuse to read the Trib or Desnews, and would rather gouge my eyes out than read, let alone write comments on their articles.
    You miss some good articles by Dirk Facer and Kyle Goon, although I think Goon is now off the Ute beat.

You miss some good articles by Dirk Facer and Kyle Goon, although I think Goon is now off the Ute beat.
    Goon has been moved to the Jazz. Lynn Worthy and Chris Kamrani are on the Ute beat now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Goon has been moved to the Jazz. Lynn Worthy and Chris Kamrani are on the Ute beat now.

This will be interesting. As of now, Lynn Worthy has also been covering Bees baseball, which makes him a slightly frustrating Twitter follow. Chris Kamrani hasn't posted original content since June 30. I just looked at the Bees schedule and they play into September, so I'm going to be pretty annoyed if the Trib doesn't clean this up in the next few weeks to get one person assigned to focus 100% on Utah sports.

I'm hopeful other Utes fans on Twitter told that guy to grow up. Not that it would make much difference -- can't really have any reasonable discussion with fanatical idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    This will be interesting. As of now, Lynn Worthy has also been covering Bees baseball, which makes him a slightly frustrating Twitter follow. Chris Kamrani hasn't posted original content since June 30. I just looked at the Bees schedule and they play into September, so I'm going to be pretty annoyed if the Trib doesn't clean this up in the next few weeks to get one person assigned to focus 100% on Utah sports.
    Im glad Im not the only one who followed Lynn Worth and was frustrated to see him live tweeting every Bees game. I love baseball but I couldn't care less about the minutia of the Bees. I cant imagine Im alone there. He mentioned that he will be all in on covering fall camp, but that the trib doesn't have plans to send anyone with the basketball team to Europe, which I get.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    I'm hopeful other Utes fans on Twitter told that guy to grow up. Not that it would make much difference -- can't really have any reasonable discussion with fanatical idiots.
    In truth, the best thing anyone can do is to report him for harassment. Engaging with him in any way shape or form only feeds him. Hes a complete loser.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Im glad Im not the only one who followed Lynn Worth and was frustrated to see him live tweeting every Bees game. I love baseball but I couldn't care less about the minutia of the Bees. I cant imagine Im alone there. He mentioned that he will be all in on covering fall camp, but that the trib doesn't have plans to send anyone with the basketball team to Europe, which I get.
    Probably just not worth hiring/moving a reporter for the last 8 weeks of the Bees. (The bees aren't a full time gig anyway)

Chris' replacement has been hired and is in Utah. I believe he's been on vacation for a bit since leaving the RSL beat

Recently dismissed from Oregon, WR Darren Carrington, who ripped out our hearts is apparently visiting. Per the Twitter.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

He's a grad transfer and eligible immediately.

He'd be our best WR by a mile.

The question is, do you take a kid with a DUI?

My answer is, "I don't know."

I trust Whitt with this. He's with him now. If he says yes, then so do I.

Also, fall camp starts in a week and change. I'd expect a decision quickly.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 07-20-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Utah picked up a real diamond in the rough type kid today. WR, last name Nurse, six four, sub 4.5 speed. Utah was his biggest recruiter, once he became academically eligible UCLA and Boise St offered.

He may not play much this year, but he has fantastic potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Utah picked up a real diamond in the rough type kid today. WR, last name Nurse, six four, sub 4.5 speed. Utah was his biggest recruiter, once he became academically eligible UCLA and Boise St offered.

He is also a 3 to play 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post

Wrong thread.

Today's recruits are getting out of control with their professional edits!

Brandon Kaho, the 4* LB from Reno that an idiot "Ute fan" was taunting on twitter a few weeks ago released his top 5. Alabama, BYU, Oregon, UCLA, Utah. He was a BYU commit and I guess is now open. A couple days after he opened it up, BYU offered his 2020 younger brother.

Former BYU commit and current Olympus Titan Cameron Latu plans to announce where he will attend this Friday at noon. I think he is down to Alabama, Nebraska, USC Utah and Washington. I'm guessing Alabama or USC.
    Last edited by UTEopia; 08-01-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Brandon Kaho, the 4* LB from Reno that an idiot "Ute fan" was taunting on twitter a few weeks ago released his top 5. Alabama, BYU, Oregon, UCLA, Utah. He was a BYU commit and I guess is now open. A couple days after he opened it up, BYU offered his 2020 younger brother.

Former BYU commit and current Olympus Titan Cameron Latu plans to announce where he will attend this Friday at noon. I think he is down to Alabama, Nebraska, USC Utah and Washington. I'm guessing Alabama or USC.
    Latu is down to SC, Utah, and Bama. I'd be very surprised if it's SC, and fairly surprised if it's Utah.

I'd bet is a 90% chance Alabama, 9% shot its Utah.

Kenyon Sims, 3 Star RB out of California commits to the Utes in one of those fancy commitment videos.

The video shows other offers from CSU, USU, and Wazzu.

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Kenyon Sims, 3 Star RB out of California commits to the Utes in one of those fancy commitment videos.

The video shows other offers from CSU, USU, and Wazzu.

Got to love the end of it!

raying:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    raying:

It would be a real face palm if committed to BYU.

It would be a real face palm if committed to BYU.
    Especially considering he released a Top 5 awhile back and they weren't listed. Everyone knows that those lists are legally binding.

Latu chooses Bama...

Alabama.

:shocking: