Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
I think it really comes down to this: Can Larry build on this year or is he going to be rebuilding after this year?

It sounds like Kuzma is gone. It sounds like he'd rather get paid in the NBA DL than not get paid. I think he'd be better off coming back, but I won't fault a kid for wanting to get paid.

What happens if Daniels leaves as well (I have no info on this, 100% stupid fan, message board speculation).

At some point, the "Larry is rebuilding this program from scratch" narrative needs to fade and we need to progress from season to season. Larry found a diamond in Wright and we got a little lucky with Poeltl and Cal firing their coach. Since then, we've been getting worse every year.

If we keep the team together, Kuzma and Daniels stay, then I'm really excited for next year. Then, we now have a foundation and are building for the future. We will be better and Larry is the guy for the job.

If we lose a bunch of starters, and are basically starting over with Tillman and Barefield next year...that will be disappointing. I'd bet his seat starts to heat up at that point.

Big summer for Larry and his perception of where the program is heading.

Larry has done so much right, but at the same time, he has the FBYU-P story, the bad OOC, the transfers, etc. If he wins, those aren't a big deal at all. If he can't make the tournament most years, then those become big red flags.

Anyways, my rambling thoughts.
Agreed. All fair points.