Thread: NFL Survivor Pool 2017

NFL Survivor Pool 2017

Alright friends, let's get this bad boy fired up. We're going to step into 2011 this year and have an actual group on ESPN for our Survivor Pool.

Here's the link and info for how to join:

http://games.espn.com/nfl-eliminator...?groupID=56583

Group: CS/UB5
    Password: utahdan12345

$10 to play, winner take all.

Boardmail me for the paypal/venmo info, or just look it up from a previous boardmail.

Looking forward to it.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I paid for myself, solon and the poster utahby5

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Awesome.

Get in while you can folks. Even you non-gamblers can spare $10 for a season of fun.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Thanks, MRD.
    Good luck to everyone in the race for second place!
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Update:

You can no longer pick NE, KC, MIA, or TB this week, but there's still 28 other teams you can pick.

Teams signed up:

DNF - Paid
    Maximus - Paid
    Moliere - Paid
    Pelado - Paid
    Solon - Paid
    Surfah - Paid
    MRD - Paid
    Utahby5 - Paid, not signed up to my knowledge
    SmithyBear - Formerly UVAMike a buddy of mine, signed up, not paid
    HFN - Signed up, not paid, picked NE
    Clark Addison - Paid
    Green Monstah - Paid

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Update:

You can no longer pick NE, KC, MIA, or TB this week, but there's still 28 other teams you can pick.
    Pro Tip: Don't pick NE this week anyway.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Update:

Teams signed up:

DNF - Paid
    Maximus - Paid
    Moliere - Paid
    Pelado - Paid
    Solon - Paid
    Surfah - Paid
    MRD - Paid
    Utahby5 - Paid, not signed up to my knowledge
    SmithyBear - Formerly UVAMike a buddy of mine, signed up, not paid
    HFN - Signed up, not paid, picked NE
    Clark Addison - Paid
    Green Monstah - Paid
    I boardmailed you about utahby5

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Alright, here's the deal:

Teams can buy back in for $20 through week 4. (Week 5 is the first of the bye weeks).

When you buy back in, you lose the team you picked, as well as the top picked team for the week you missed on your pick. So, for example, HFN would lose NE and PIT.

I believe the group on ESPN is locked and we can't get people in...and we have a few folks that are in, but not in the group, so I'll manage via a spreadsheet. If you are not in the group, please get your pick to me via boardmail or in this thread before the NFL week is over.

If you want to get in on the contest now and you didn't pick in week 1, it would be $20 and you would lose Pittsburgh, as they were the top pick last week.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Solon knocked out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    No playoff talk yet? Smith had a great first half vs Titans. Now he needs to hold on for another shot at Brady in Boston.

This weekend? Go Saints, Chiefs, Bills, and ... Rams I guess?
    They can't play the pats until conf champ weekend

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Marcus Williams with the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.........

Was watching with my son. Within a few seconds went from feeling like we saw one of the greatest miracles of the modern NFL era to feeling sick to our stomachs that it was Marcus defending the play. It will be a generation before Saints fans forgive him. Can't help but feel horrible for the guy.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Spot foul on PI is the worst. I agree. The rule makes it almost impossible to play defense on a pass play. It either requires the spectacular, one-in-a-thousand play like the Patriots DB today, or forces the player to pull up and get burned like Marcus Williams last week.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Spot foul on PI is the worst. I agree. The rule makes it almost impossible to play defense on a pass play. It either requires the spectacular, one-in-a-thousand play like the Patriots DB today, or forces the player to pull up and get burned like Marcus Williams last week.
    Yeah they should make it 15 yards then have an "excessive" penalty that could be a spot foul.