You win, or lose, because of talent.

Do you think Calipari is the next Wooden? Actually, I take that back. Wooden had Alcindor and plenty of people to drop bags of money for him. Rick is probably among the few coaches I can think of that appeared to do it only with Oreo cookies and Crown Burger. The last time I checked, we still aren't located any closer to LA than when Rick was coaching.

The talent level has continued to improve each year under K. I think he got over his skis with reaching for a few knuckleheads and has learned his lesson. Onwas was never going to take this team to the Sweet 16. The Headband was a nice player, but I never got him confused with Zion Williamson.

He has better talent now than we have ever had in the past. Gach and Thioune are a level above anything we've had here athletically since Byron Wilson, but with serious length. I think he can develop those guys. He has developed talent in the past. Brandon Taylor, Dakari Tucker, PVD, and JLove come to mind. Gach and Thioune are at a different level than those guys. If he can develop the new guys like he did those guys, we will be just fine.

I admit that I am perplexed by the Tillman situation. That's one I don't understand. He is the only guy I can think of that had serious talent that didn't progress. But to say that the coaching staff is a failure because of one kid is pretty ridiculous.