Thread: The Steele Dossier

The Steele Dossier

There were some people posting here that in light of the Steele Dossier, Trump should not even be inaugurated.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-media-924944/

You don't have to be a Trump supporter to see how badly the FBI and much of the news media hurt their credibility in this episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Yeah, they screwed some things up.

But it doesn't change what they found.

Yesterday, a rare, scathing rebuke form the FISC to the FBI. Words/phrases like "provided false information", "withheld material information" and "misled" among others. This, in large part, as testified by the DOJ IG has to do with the Steele dossier. Not difficult to envision that the FISC may not survive.

Here's the release:

https://www.fisc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/MIsc%2019%2002%20191217.pdf
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Yeah, they screwed some things up.

But it doesn't change what they found.
    If we’re talking about the warrant they received to surveill Carter Page, I don’t think they found anything. Did they?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Given how the Senate is treating the impeachment, I guess it would have been better if they wouldn't have found anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    .....I guess it would have been better if they wouldn't have found anything.

I don't think that was an option. The die was cast when the Democrats won the House. It had the penalty nailed down, but, needed to figure out the best way to get there.....Mueller? Emoluments? Obstruction? QPQ? Treason?.......one way or another it was gonna happen.

I suspect if Trump wins a second term, and the House still belongs to the Democrats, that he'll be impeached a second time.

I also suspect the Senate will reject all of the House's efforts.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.