Thread: Life in the Trump Era, Part 2

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    I want a Romney do-over.
    No cougar club members. That is not negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    No cougar club members. That is not negotiable.

This isn't about Trump but I hope we are doing something about it. If he's so big on infrastructure we should be spending money on redundancy, backup systems, etc.

Russian hackers infiltrated US power networks and had the ability to trigger massive blackouts

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...etworks-2018-7

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

2016 Trump Tower Meeting Looks Increasingly Like a Setup by Russian and Clinton Operatives

https://www.realclearinvestigations....e_a_setup.html

This looks far-fetched to me but it is from Real Clear Investigations, who are serious folks. I'm just posting the article as evidence of what an unholy mess all of this has become. As for its accuracy, I'll quote William Goldman the screenwriter: "Nobody knows anything."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    2016 Trump Tower Meeting Looks Increasingly Like a Setup by Russian and Clinton Operatives

https://www.realclearinvestigations....e_a_setup.html

This looks far-fetched to me but it is from Real Clear Investigations, who are serious folks. I'm just posting the article as evidence of what an unholy mess all of this has become. As for its accuracy, I'll quote William Goldman the screenwriter: "Nobody knows anything."
    So Clinton and the Russians trapped the Trump Campaign with the political equivalent of a Honey Pot Trap?

It doesn't really change the fact that Team Trump jumped at it.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    So Clinton and the Russians trapped the Trump Campaign with the political equivalent of a Honey Pot Trap?

It doesn't really change the fact that Team Trump jumped at it.
    You're showing your cluelessness about the power of covfefe.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    You're showing your cluelessness about the power of covfefe.
    Oh I've seen it. My dad is under its power.

I'm enjoying watching Omarosa gain credibility with CNN now that she has turned on Trump. Amazing how that works.

It is also amazing how numb we've become to this stuff. Maybe we should all step back for a minute and wonder why Trump would have hired her for a senior position in the first place. I think in a little over a year and a half he has made as many political missteps as all previous president combined, yet remains unaccountable for any of it, to the point where does anybody even pay attention or care any more? Pretty astounding.