Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
I didn't say that zealously representing a client is necessarily a bad thing. I said it isn't always a good thing. Just like not all prosecutors are bad. Some are good. A bad prosecutor is particularly awful because of the implications for the innocent.

Corruption can happen everywhere, even in law offices.
You’re so confused. Lawyers are supposed to be zealous, it’s our ethical obligation, particularly in criminal matters. The only limitation is that we not make frivolous arguments to a court or ourselves break the law. Nobody claims Giuliani has not done anything dishonest. In fact, any fool with a law degree should know that Giuliani should do whatever it takes to keep Trump from testifying, and that has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. Clinton was impeached and disbarred because while testifying he argued with a prosecutor about whether fellatio absent organism is sex—purportedly that was purjury. When Giuliani said he Trump could have shot Comey and not been indicted he was employing a rhetorical device to make his point that the president is immune from prosecution. I don’t know if his point is legally correct, but it’s not unusual for lawyers to disagree over what the law is.