Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

Put all the goings on of NCAA basketball here.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

VCU/UVa is on right now in the 2nd half, and VCU just cut a 10 point lead to two.

Woof. Huskies are getting whipped by Va Tech. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere.

Some good games to watch at work today:

Marquette/VCU at 12:30
    Wichita St/Cal at 2:30

And some for home:

UCLA/Creighton at 5:00
    Texas A&M/Okie St at 5:00
    Baylor/Wisconsin at 7:30
    Michigan/LSU at 9:00
    UNC/Stanford at 9:30

Get yer fill this week because college basketball takes a month off in Dec before good games return in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Some good games to watch at work today:

Marquette/VCU at 12:30
    Wichita St/Cal at 2:30

And some for home:

UCLA/Creighton at 5:00
    Texas A&M/Okie St at 5:00
    Baylor/Wisconsin at 7:30
    Michigan/LSU at 9:00
    UNC/Stanford at 9:30

Get yer fill this week because college basketball takes a month off in Dec before good games return in Jan.
    UCLA goes down to Creighton.

Mizzou is up by 2 over Emporia State late in the 2nd half. I think Missouri is just not good.

Mizzou is up by 2 over Emporia State late in the 2nd half. I think Missouri is just not good.
    Cal choked their game away as well. They were up big on the Shockers and eventually gave it away.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Big night for basketball fans. UNC vs MSU. A&M vs USC. Duke vs Florida.

ACC/Big10 Challenge starts tonight. Not sure why we didn't create this with the Big12 before the SEC did. We could still do the Big East, though!

Not sure where else to put this:

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Mizzou loses by 4 to #23 ranked West Va.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Mizzou loses by 4 to #23 ranked West Va.
    Did Porter Jr play?

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Did Porter Jr play?
    He is out for the year; either had or will have season ending surgery. has never played for Mizzou, but his brother has, and his dad has a job.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    He is out for the year; either had or will have season ending surgery. has never played for Mizzou, but his brother has, and his dad has a job.
    Thanks. I believed he played a bit in the game against Iowa State.

Gonzaga loses to Villanova in their last meaningful basketball game until March.

Crazy. How does Few convince these guys that an annual hibernation is a good idea?

Gonzaga loses to Villanova in their last meaningful basketball game until March.

Crazy. How does Few convince these guys that an annual hibernation is a good idea?
    Why does the big10 play conference games right now? Then they go back to non conference until January

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Why does the big10 play conference games right now? Then they go back to non conference until January

https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/stat...46542079008770

For those of you in the know, what's the best way to purchase NCAA tournament tickets? I'm looking at Boise for 1st/2nd round games but not sure where to look. A guick google search and I just get more confused. Are prices per game? per day?

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    For those of you in the know, what's the best way to purchase NCAA tournament tickets? I'm looking at Boise for 1st/2nd round games but not sure where to look. A guick google search and I just get more confused. Are prices per game? per day?
    Prices are per session. There are 3 sessions, of 2 games each. 2 sessions on the first day, one session on the 2nd day. You can buy a full session package if you buy early enough, or can find someone selling on the secondary market.

You'll probably have to buy from the secondary market at this point. They usually go on sale 8 months in advance, and sell out pretty quickly. Not sure what the best secondary market would be in Boise, other than Stubhub.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Prices are per session. There are 3 sessions, of 2 games each. 2 sessions on the first day, one session on the 2nd day. You can buy a full session package if you buy early enough, or can find someone selling on the secondary market.

You'll probably have to buy from the secondary market at this point. They usually go on sale 8 months in advance, and sell out pretty quickly. Not sure what the best secondary market would be in Boise, other than Stubhub.
    Maybe he’d have more luck at Spudhub.

EDIT: No. But my autocorrect is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 02-01-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Maybe get have more luck at Spudhub.

Are you having a stroke?

Bubble watch games tonight:

Tennessee (3 Seed) vs. Miss St. - L, moved to next four out.
    Florida (6 Seed) vs. Alabama - L, moved to 10 seed
    Miami (9 Seed) vs. UNC (2 Seed) - W, moved to 7 seed
    Kansas St. - (10 Seed) vs. TCU (6 Seed) - L, went from last four byes to a 10 seed...weird.
    St. Bonaventure (Last four byes - 11 Seed) vs. Davidson, W - triple OT thriller. No change.
    Boise St. (Next Four Out) vs. SDSU, L - No longer on the list.
    Oklahoma (8 Seed) vs. Baylor (First Four Out) - W, Now last four byes - 11 seed. Oklahoma has dropped to a 10.

Of Note - Missouri, one of our best wins is @ Vandy and with an RPI of 42 (9 Seed in the tourney right now). - W
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 02-28-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Miami spoils UNC's senior night with a 40 foot game winning three pointer. Sweet.

Bubble games tonight:

Providence (Last Four In - 11 Seed) vs. Xavier
    Pittsburgh vs. Notre Dame (Next Four Out - below us on the list)
    Texas A&M (8 Seed) vs. Georgia
    Florida St. (9 Seed) vs. Clemson
    Syracuse (First four out) vs. Boston College

In other news, Ole Miss, Butler, UNLV and Utah St. are all in action tonight, which may marginally help our RPI, but not by much.

Why is the Big10 tournament going on right now?

They wanted to hold it in Madison Square Garden, and this is the week that worked for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    They wanted to hold it in Madison Square Garden, and this is the week that worked for that.

Huh. Works well for me. I get to watch tournament basketball a week earlier this year!

They wanted to go head to head with the WCC tourney.

The end of the UVA game last night was one for the ages. Down by 4 with 0.9 sec left, and they came back to beat Louisville. In fact, they scored 8 points in the final 7 seconds.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...3dcqMvdDqP.mp4
    https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a9a1ce4...3dcqMvdDqP.mp4
    Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 03-02-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Lots of bubble teams picking up big wins today all around the country. I'll be interested to see what the projections look like heading into league tournaments (Sans the Big 10).

Quadrant records for teams on the bubble.

NEXT FOUR OUT
    Utah 19-10 Mississippi St - 20-10 Marquette - 18-12 Notre Dame 17-13
    Q1 - 3-5 .375 Q1 - 3-7 .300 Q1 - 4-7 .364 Q1 - 2-8 .200
    Q2 - 4-4 .500 Q2 - 3-3 .500 Q2 - 4-3 .571 Q2 - 4-2 .667
    Q3 - 6-1 .857 Q3 - 6-0 1.000 Q3 - 4-2 .667 Q3 - 5-3 .625
    Q4 - 6-0 1.000 Q4 - 8-0 1.000 Q4 - 6-0 1.000 Q4 - 6-0 1.000

FIRST FOUR OUT
    UCLA 20-10 Penn State 21-12 Nebraska 22-10 Washington 20-11
    Q1 - 3-7 .300 Q1 - 3-8 .273 Q1 - 1-6 .143 Q1 - 3-7 .300
    Q2 - 5-1 .833 Q2 - 2-2 .500 Q2 - 2-3 .400 Q2 - 2-3 .400
    Q3 - 6-2 .750 Q3 - 6-2 .750 Q3 - 9-1 .900 Q3 - 8-1 .889
    Q4 - 6-0 1.000 Q4 - 10-0 1.000 Q4 - 10-0 1.000 Q4 - 7-0 1.000

LAST FOUR IN
    Providence 19-10 Louisville 19-12 USC 21-10 Texas 18-13
    Q1 - 3-8 .273 Q1 - 3-10 .231 Q1 - 4-6 .400 Q1 - 4-10 .286
    Q2 - 5-1 .833 Q2 - 1-2 .333 Q2 - 5-3 .625 Q2 - 4-3 .571
    Q3 - 7-0 .800 Q3 - 9-0 1.000 Q3 - 6-0 1.000 Q3 - 5-0 1.000
    Q4 - 4-1 .800 (lost to UMass 243) Q4 - 7-0 1.000 Q4 - 6-1 .857 (lost at home to Princeton 221) Q4 - 5-0 1.000

QUESTIONABLES
    Arizona State 20-10
    Q1 - 3-5 .375
    Q2 - 4-4 .500
    Q3 - 8-1 .889
    Q4 - 5-0 1.000

Taking a look at those numbers Utah is the 2nd best Quadrant 1 team in the group behind USC
    Utah ranks 6th for quadrant 2
    Utah ranks 7th for quadrant 3 (Just the UNLV game keeping them from 7-0)
    Utah ranks 1st for quadrant 4 (USC and Providence getting in with +220 RPI losses is sickening)

Let me know if there are other teams you'd like me to pull a report on.